Question about charging AC

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did a swap and now I'm in the process of getting my AC going again ans I need to know if I should go to Advanced Auto and get the "charging kit" for $38.95 or take it to a shop and have it "evacuated" and re-charged for $150.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I tried recharging mine with the cans. They don't work, it said it was full but when I finally took it to the show it was nowhere near where it should be. They'll also check to see if your system is leaking so you won't be wasting money refilling it if its gonna leak out

jpelizzari

5+ Year Member
You need to have it vacuumed. If not, and you use the can, it will not fill properly. Best bet would be to take it to a shop and have it done right. The can is just for a recharge on a system that hasn't been broken open.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put a can in mine. it cooled it up noticeably better. but if you want it done right. i guess pay the shop.

DaMechanicEG/EK

5+ Year Member
GO TO A SHOP!!! a/c is not a guessing games!!! u have to knw how much pressure u have on ur high side. n how much u have on ur low side. u could blow ur compress or u expantion valve. dats under da dash. behind all da a/c boxes. pain in da ass to fuk with. n cost u alot of $$$ to get it fixed if u ake it to a shop. Cans suk!!!!!!!!!!