Question about civic recall and cel

alex_n/a

stocker
Has anyone had Honda replace the throttle cable on the 6th gen? I sorta searched but didn't find anything about the recalls just people trying to replace them themselves. I will post a link on the recall for the 96 civic. the other day I was pulling into traffic when my car started redlining like a mad vtak ricer on nos energy drinks. scared the shet out of me. I was in neutral but I feared for my engine. My pedal did not stick because of the floor mat and I know this because I removed my floor mats. I checked my pedal today and there is about half inch of slack. My question is should I take it to Honda and have them replace the throttle cable?

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm?start=16&SearchType=DrillDown&type=VEHICLE&year=1996&make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&component_id=0&TYPENUM=1&SUBMIT=Retrieve%20Recalls&summary=true

My second question is about a cel that keeps popping up. When I bought the car the cel was on. the PO said it was the primary o2 sensor. Sure enough O'reilly was able to confirm. I bought a new oem spec one and reset my ecu. the next day I drove to get my emission test done. the car passed on the first try. Soon after about 200 miles later the cel came back on. went back to O'reilly and they said it was the primary o2 sensor. I told them I just replaced and reset my ecu. they suggested I did a tune up. That made since since my maintenance light was yellow. I did a full tune up and reset the ecu again along with my maintenance light. about 200 miles later the cel came back on. What should I do to fix it? I am pretty sure the o2 sensor is good and is setting off the cel because there is something wrong. I just had my exhaust repaired, I'm not sure how much an exhaust with no muffler will affect the primary o2 but should I reset my ecu again and wait or what?