Question about EM1 pricing

MrFlyGuy

I found this EM1 Si that i want to buy w 97k on the box but it has no ac is 5000$ a good price? thats what the person is asking for

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would buy it. Only because its an Si (im pretending its a stock Si, but then again who removes the AC from their stock car), and that price to me is affordable. With that being said, there is not enough information about the rest of the car to see if its really worth $5000

MrFlyGuy

I would buy it. Only because its an Si (im pretending its a stock Si, but then again who removes the AC from their stock car), and that price to me is affordable. With that being said, there is not enough information about the rest of the car to see if its really worth $5000
it is a stock em1 but im guessing the a/c doesnt work? i havent contacted the person yet im kinda just shopping around and wanted some opinions

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah, doesn't work.. ok. that's much different then it was removed, which is what i thought the case was.

In my opinion, that is an affordable price. Go get a quote to see how much it would cost to have the AC repaired and tell the seller to discount that much, sihce the ac does not work.

If you get another 10 years out of that car .... tsssss..... :thumbup:

Trekk

Registered VIP
Seems cheap to me, I would look it over really good, check for a rebuilt title.

mikeyisfresh

I found this EM1 Si that i want to buy w 97k on the box but it has no ac is 5000$ a good price? thats what the person is asking for
I paid about $4700 for mine, and it needs some exterior work (front-driver fender, rear bumper) and I feel like I got a great deal.

these cars book for $4000 trade in value... if you look at it and its in RELIABLE, then definitely get it.

what color is it? =)

EDIT:
My EM1 also doesnt have an AC or power steering. it was taken out for performance reasons.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with all the previous mentioned posts. Could be a great deal!

MrFlyGuy

and the owner dropped the price 500$ there doesnt seem anything wrong with the exterior and the interior is perfect

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I got mine for $4000 cause the owner couldn't make the payments on it anymore and needed it gone ASAP :P lol. Mine has the normal problems like squeaky belts, squeaky suspension (maybe?) and a rattling I have yet to find the origin (so annoying) but I'd say $4-$5k for one an EM1 is a pretty good deal. As long as it's mostly unmolested.