QUESTION: D16Z6 on a 4th Gen in CALIFORNIA

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet thanks. so do you still have your z6 in your hatch? what else have you done to it? list your mods...or is it in your garage?

civicman95

5+ Year Member
the only harness u change is the motor harness and if u do the swap put in a tach with a shift light and hook that to the VTEC sensor(green plug) and that will activate the VTEC.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just by hooking up a tach will activate the vtec? hmm.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
ya that will work you hook up the green vtec wire too the shift light wire and set your shift light to come on at 5000 or so and you got ghetto vtec.
if you do it right and you have too if your going to get it legally smogged then you dont even have to worry about that because you will allready have a vtec ecu.

and yes i still have the z6 in my car. if you want to see vids go to here www.youtube.com/bigodub
all my vids are there. i just took out my block and am droping in low comp. pistons and forged rods and will be able to say i have a fully built z6 with a t3/4 turbo, i have all the turbo parts just need to build the bottomend and put it all together then put the turbo on and take it to the track. i hope to be boosting 10 psi and shooting for at least 340 whp.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn...i've thought about turbo, but I was really leaning towards Supercharged...but I can't find one that's legal. and jackson only has 5th gen and up.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
im not worried about being legal so i went turbo after my all motor build wasnt enough. to me supedcharged gives you alot of torque but wont build horses like a turbo... but thats just me.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
true true...they do have legal turbo kits, but what company?

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
as far as i know greddy, but i dont know if it is carb legal for 92-95 motors. but thoes only give you like 50-80 hp.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so suggestion, what turbo set up should I get to get that's best? and where should i go to get it? I'm gonna drop the z6 in a few months and probably work on the turbo...I'm not sure how i'm gonna get it smogged but damn i'll worry about it then i guess.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
stock insides = t3/4 turbo kit with dsm 450cc injectors boosting 12-14 psi with a tuned ecu. we do these all day on the dyno they put out no less than 240 whp. this cost $1700. its a china turbo (cheap but new)rebuilt so it wont start blowing smoke w/fmic installed.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
12-14psi...that's safe with stock internals? when I'm ready imma hit you up so you can guide me to where I can go to buy this.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
that is only possible with tunning. most people do 6-8 pounds. but when when you tune your car you can run 10-12 safely and we only go to 14 pounds per customer request, but we done it many times.

4dr_2.o

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats almost the same as my build for my 91 std hatch. obd0-1 engine harness and ecu jumper harness. the only bad thing was that i got a 88 crx hf transmission. so it sucks, getting my 88 si transmission in next week.

hey bigodub, how quick was your car in the 1/4 mile?

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
i never got to run it. i went to fontana and was trying to figure out my launch rpm on the street and cracked my cluch disc so i couldn't run.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so as of right now there's no ref's, what do this mean to swapping motors?