Question re: condenser fan removal

Coach Steve

Hello,
I am working on a client's 96 Civic LX 1.6L AT.
Her condenser fan is shot so I ordered a new one. I skimmed the service manual which calls for disconnecting the AC lines to remove/install the fan. Is it possible to remove condenser fan without disconnecting ac lines? I'm hoping someone has managed to do it successfully but based on the search results I've read, there doesn't seem to be very much posted about it.
Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Coach

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You might have to stick your head in there and take a look. Im sure it can be done. But youll need to remove the lower splash sheild most likely to swap them out.

I wouldnt disturb the AC lines if I can help it,

Back4

I recently replaced mine. I tried to just remove the fan. I found it was easier to remove the entire condenser assembly. Remove the lower splash shield, remove the condenser line and cap those pieces if you have a dusty garage. Then remove all screws visible from the engine bay. I replaced my high pressure line while I was in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PattyB

Hey Coach,We just replaced my ac fan by removing the bottom shield under the front of my civic,pulled the old fan unit down and out then put new one back up without disturbing ac lines. However after doing this there was no improvement. Come to find out my brand new dorman fan wiring was backwards,making the fan blow in reverse. The guys who put my fan in simply popped out the wires and reversed them . Within a few seconds it was working good.