Questions about my 07 civic lx

Eric 8th gen civbic

I was looking into my civic and I see it said that it come with I-vtec Soch , I was wondering if it was the same as the vtec that comes with the si's
And would I be about to change my civic from a Soch to a Doch

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Motor?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, it's the same Vtec set up, but not the same motor or power as the Si. The Si had a 2 liter K motor.

If you are asking about making your single cam to a dual, not going to happen without a full motor swap.

Eric 8th gen civbic

Yes, it's the same Vtec set up, but not the same motor or power as the Si. The Si had a 2 liter K motor.

If you are asking about making your single cam to a dual, not going to happen without a full motor swap.
Damn ... What do you suggest that I could add on to my car that would give some extra kick , I'm fully stock . Getting dusted by my friends with older Hondas with like b series with gsr ls tranny.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yours was designed for gas mileage not power. Only way to compete with the bigger engines is to swap to one or boost it. There is always building the internals, but I honestly feel that you will get a better return on the money if swapped. Especially if to a k motor. Those things don't take much at all to make good power.

There is a reason it is so popular to swap to GSR engines.

Eric 8th gen civbic

Yours was designed for gas mileage not power. Only way to compete with the bigger engines is to swap to one or boost it. There is always building the internals, but I honestly feel that you will get a better return on the money if swapped. Especially if to a k motor. Those things don't take much at all to make good power.

So what do you suggest I do , swap out for k series or gsr ?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I had the choice and wanted to dump the cash, K series hands down. How deep are your pockets though? K-series can get expensive depending on how you go about the swap and who does it. Plus to me GSR engines are old and played out. Not that there is anything wrong with them, don't get me wrong they are pretty stout motors and capable of some good power if done right, but they have been done and done again so many times its almost too common now. Do a search on GSR swaps on google, there are so many threads that come up, every kid out of the gate wants one because "everyone" has one.

d.reed14

Honestly the best bet is to trade it in on a si and cut your losses. Assuming its a auto trans boost isn't worth it because you can't stay in high RPMs

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also was talking figuratively about the GSR motor, I would be really surprised if your friends have them in 8th gens. It is from an older platform and would be a lot to convert the car to run from that platform. One of the hurdles being cable throttle so you would have to adapt to that. Plus there is the engine management to deal with and the fact that the engine mounts would have to be custom made. K-swap would be the "cheaper" route of the 2 and would make the most sense because it would jive easier with your platform obviously but would still be quite a bit of money out of pocket.