Questions about XTD Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
I was wondering if anyone has and info on these "XTD" clutchs, My friend has a stage 3 in his prelude and he says that it runs just fine and hasn't ever had a problem with it and he said he can notice a small differene. I just didn't know if they are worth it or not. Here is the link to the clutch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-STAGE-3-CLUTCH-SET-99-00-CIVIC-Si-DEL-SOL-Si_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518ff77117QQitemZ350307709207QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And second, I found this "Fidanza" flywheel. I didn't know if it was any good either, It looks like the best I can find right now since I don't have lots of cash. So please give me some feedback on what you guys think if you have any of this and if its a good idea for now. And here is the link to the flywheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390096830200&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is your reason on buying these? what motor mods do you have?
stock flywheels are best, if you plan on changing ur clutch just get your flywheel resurfaced

as for the clutch..XTD clutches are ok, my cousin has a stage two on and never has had a problem

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i also have an xtd stage 2. no problems at all. been on for 2 years now

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The main problems I've heard with XTD clutches are with the stage 1, but stage 2 is the highest I'd go with stock power. Not really any point of going higher.

I don't see much of a point of upgrading it though, unless you put some more power behind that hood.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After having a cheap ass clutch (xtd) and going to a good clutch (exedy), along with driving other cars with good name brand clutches (comp, clutch masters, etc.) its a night and day difference.

The XTD clutch setup is garbage IMO. Inconsistent pedal feel, generally weak, etc. I'd personally never put one in my car again, was the biggest waste of money ever. Save some extra $$$ and get a good clutch, an exedy OEM replacement is going to hold up better than a XTD stage 2.

As far as the fidanza, i've liked mine minus the fact its 100% aluminum. Top hat bolts for the pressure plate tend to strip out fairly easily and its a PITA to get them torqued to spec without stripping them. Especially after the setup has been taken apart a couple of times.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have the option to stick with a stock flywheel i would do that. Fidanza flywheels have had a reputation for not being balanced correctly which causes major problems. If you car isnt really laying down that much power and you want a performance clutch with good feel thats not hard on the legs look into a centerforce duel friction. That clutch in my car was good to about 200ft lbs of torque.

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Alright well I was looking at ACT clutch and flywheels today, for the one I want it would be around 790.00 with shipping. I really don't want to spend that kinda money right now because I don't have that much. Anyone know where I can get good parts for a bit less??