questions on 4th gen cars

jkbrand

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before anyone flames me for not searching, I DID!! I'm not sure if there are archived files on this site, but if there are, maybe someone could tell me where they are. I couldn't find 'em.....

1. For items ahead of the windshield, are parts (springs, shocks, fenders, bumpers, lights et al.) different for an HB SI and CRX SI? (My guess is that there is none, but it's only a guess and I'd like to get the authoritative word.)

2. The engine-swap-table sticky offers 1,2,3 for ease of transplant. It shows 2/3 for B18C. Can someone point me to a write-up that shows what's involved here to make it a 3??? (car modification req'd)

3. Finally, I'm aware of wiring harnesses available for converting OBD1-OBD2 and OBD0-OBD1, and I know about the preference to use OBD1, but what're the wiring issues and ECU requirements to get an existing OBD2 GSR motor to work in our Gen 4 cars?

Thanks!
Jeff

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the head lights r not the same as the crx and hb

gta

Faded Red Hatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sik_civic
the head lights r not the same as the crx and hb
The head lights are the same. Its the brackets that hold them that are different. And the corner lights are different.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea thats wut i ment i dun remember wut i was doin then but i thought the corners were diff

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
springs and shocks are also interchangable with 90-93 integras

4drcivictuner04

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by gta
The head lights are the same. Its the brackets that hold them that are different. And the corner lights are different.
yeah but the brackets are easily moddable... remember my CRX headlights in my EX? still look stock, nobody can tell the difference.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea that s**t was great ... all these people (most likely including me) figured they wouldnt fit.

4drcivictuner04

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Melt
yea that s**t was great ... all these people (most likely including me) figured they wouldnt fit.
I did it on a dare... somebody from that "other" board dared me to try it b/c they had a sedan and was about to buy projectors.

I was very surprised when I slapped my corner lens on there and after re-bending the part of the bracket that the screw goes into it looked stock...