quick release....

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he has the nrg qr with momo wheel and hub ( I'm pretty sure )

ESR98civic4689

Chi town racer
5+ Year Member
if you guys had to choose a setup (meaning steering company, quick release, and hub)what would you buy or which one is a good choice

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
MOMO Mod 78 leather wheel - $200
MOMO Hub Adaptor - $60
NRG c/f Quick Release - $80
NRG Quick Release Hub Lock - $100

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
eek...oh well...1439057692 people do it so whateva lol
true dat, i thought that would anwser some of the privious questions others had posted. i'm still getting one..lol....

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
what are you refering to ?

Important Notes and Disclaimers

On vehicles with steering wheel mounted cruise control, there is no provision for cruise control on the MOMO wheels or hub adapter, so you will loose the cruise control function. On vehicles so equipped, you may also loose the horn, because the horn electrical contacts are often contained in a common contact housing with the cruise control contacts. Some MOMO hubs have contacts for the cruise control, however in order to make the cruise functional, custom switches will have to be added to the steering wheel somehow and wired to the contacts on the hub. This is a job for someone who is knowledgeable about fabrication and custom automotive electrical.

Every automobile manufactured for sale in the United States must be equipped with an automatic restraint system, which meets federal safety standards. MOMO has been advised it may well be a violation of federal law for any manufacturer, distributor, dealer or motor vehicle repair business to remove an airbag or otherwise render it inoperative. Accordingly, federal law should be regarded as prohibiting MOMO distributors from removing an airbag steering wheel and replacing it with a MOMO steering wheel.

Neither MOMO nor RHAD Performance recommend removing a factory installed air bag. Removal of such a passive restrain device could cause serious injury or DEATH in the event of an accident. MOMO and RHAD Performance expressly disclaim any liability for any and all damages, injury, or other recovery related to any MOMO steering wheel installed in a vehicle previously having an airbag restraint system.

Where an airbag is removed from a vehicle that is used strictly for racing purposes, it must be replaced with a restraint system approved by the sanctioning body governing the event where the car is entered for competition. On most airbag-equipped vehicles there is no provision for a matching contact for the horn ring on the MOMO hub, therefore you may loose the use of your horn. We recommend that you relocate your horn button to the dashboard when the race sanctioning body requires a functioning horn.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rey rey said:
Important Notes and Disclaimers

On vehicles with steering wheel mounted cruise control, there is no provision for cruise control on the MOMO wheels or hub adapter, so you will loose the cruise control function. On vehicles so equipped, you may also loose the horn, because the horn electrical contacts are often contained in a common contact housing with the cruise control contacts. Some MOMO hubs have contacts for the cruise control, however in order to make the cruise functional, custom switches will have to be added to the steering wheel somehow and wired to the contacts on the hub. This is a job for someone who is knowledgeable about fabrication and custom automotive electrical.

Every automobile manufactured for sale in the United States must be equipped with an automatic restraint system, which meets federal safety standards. MOMO has been advised it may well be a violation of federal law for any manufacturer, distributor, dealer or motor vehicle repair business to remove an airbag or otherwise render it inoperative. Accordingly, federal law should be regarded as prohibiting MOMO distributors from removing an airbag steering wheel and replacing it with a MOMO steering wheel.

Neither MOMO nor RHAD Performance recommend removing a factory installed air bag. Removal of such a passive restrain device could cause serious injury or DEATH in the event of an accident. MOMO and RHAD Performance expressly disclaim any liability for any and all damages, injury, or other recovery related to any MOMO steering wheel installed in a vehicle previously having an airbag restraint system.

Where an airbag is removed from a vehicle that is used strictly for racing purposes, it must be replaced with a restraint system approved by the sanctioning body governing the event where the car is entered for competition. On most airbag-equipped vehicles there is no provision for a matching contact for the horn ring on the MOMO hub, therefore you may loose the use of your horn. We recommend that you relocate your horn button to the dashboard when the race sanctioning body requires a functioning horn.
to start.. its written by some reseller of momo products... this "info" is basicly a cover all for the company selling the s**t..

i have to tell you.. my insurance company knows i dont have airbags.. they also know i dont have ANY "stock seatbelts" anymore.. both of which are factory installed safety items.. ive been stopped by the police... my cars been inspected by the police with the sole intent to write a ticket (when i was blocked in racing on the street, ended up getting NO tickets the cops turned out to be really nice and understanding)

im NOT disputing that there might be some law some place that says i need airbags... i personally hate them.. i hate the concept of them... and will NOT use them.. you might think its stupid? but i put all the faith in the world in my cage and $900 seatbelts... i feel safer than ive ever felt in any car... i personaly dont think there should be ANY laws to MAKE someone protect themselves better... that is a personal choice... the only time it changes from a personal choice to a lawmakers choice is when my actions have effect on others.. and sure you could argue all day that if i die in a car accident its one more payout the insurance company has to make thus minutely raising premiums by one one millionth of a percent.. but in a practical realistic logical world.. seatbelts.. airbags... helmets.. should be my personal choice.. i mean hell my insurance company does not appear to have issue with it..

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
to start.. its written by some reseller of momo products... this "info" is basicly a cover all for the company selling the s**t..

i have to tell you.. my insurance company knows i dont have airbags.. they also know i dont have ANY "stock seatbelts" anymore.. both of which are factory installed safety items.. ive been stopped by the police... my cars been inspected by the police with the sole intent to write a ticket (when i was blocked in racing on the street, ended up getting NO tickets the cops turned out to be really nice and understanding)

im NOT disputing that there might be some law some place that says i need airbags... i personally hate them.. i hate the concept of them... and will NOT use them.. you might think its stupid? but i put all the faith in the world in my cage and $900 seatbelts... i feel safer than ive ever felt in any car... i personaly dont think there should be ANY laws to MAKE someone protect themselves better... that is a personal choice... the only time it changes from a personal choice to a lawmakers choice is when my actions have effect on others.. and sure you could argue all day that if i die in a car accident its one more payout the insurance company has to make thus minutely raising premiums by one one millionth of a percent.. but in a practical realistic logical world.. seatbelts.. airbags... helmets.. should be my personal choice.. i mean hell my insurance company does not appear to have issue with it..
wow that was a firm oppinion. :thumbs up

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rey rey said:
wow that was a firm oppinion. :thumbs up

point being even if there IS a law? i dont think its normally enforced.. MAYBE at one of those checkpoint things? but i dont go through those anyway..lol

my experience is obviously limited to the state i live in.. but here ive even heard of people going through inspection with an aftermarket wheel... ;)

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
point being even if there IS a law? i dont think its normally enforced.. MAYBE at one of those checkpoint things? but i dont go through those anyway..lol

my experience is obviously limited to the state i live in.. but here ive even heard of people going through inspection with an aftermarket wheel... ;)
cops in chicago have way more better things to do than worry about a steeting wheel.