Quick struts for 02 or 03 civic

JayB

Hey there. Would anyone here know if a quickstrut replacement on the fronts would work from 02 to 03? I have a chance to buy new quick struts for cheap brand new for an 03 to 05. What I'm wondering is would my 02 accept these quick struts? Thought they were all the same from 01 to 05???

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sub model? Did you look them up on the manufacturers website? They would be better help as they actually make the part.

slowDB7

01-02 is different from 03-05 saddly.

I know the 2 bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle are different sizes between the 2 years. iirc 01-02 is 14mm and 03-05 is 16mm

Last edited:

JayB

Yeah from what I've looked at, you're right that they are different. Really sucks cause there's a front set of moog struts brand new in packaging that a guy is selling for 200 bucks. But his description for them is for 03 to 05. I tried to match up to my 02 LX, but they're coming up as diff part numbers, plus I've had a few guys already tell me about the size difference of the holes. Unfortunately I'll have to pass on getting a great deal on a couple struts.

JayB

Update. I actually went and took measurements of these struts at all points, and went down to measure the struts in question to compare. I've found that there is very little, if any difference between the two struts. Biggest difference one using 2 - 16mm bottom mount bolts, as compared to 2 - 14mm bolts. Aside from this difference, the ride height is lowered 5mm. So far these are the differences. I bought these struts, and will find out next week how they fit in.

JayB

One strut in. Zero difference at all. If someone says 03 - 05 struts are totally different than for an 01 - 02, don't listen.

slowDB7

If there was no difference then they would be the same part number. If you installed the 03-05 civic struts and reused your 02 hardware and knuckle, your gonna have problems when you drive it or go to have it alligned, unless yhere was the bolt adapter included in it

JayB

well where the hell were you and your smart remark back when I was begging for anyone to help that had any clue about Honda products???? No help what so ever.......that tells me all I need to know about this forum. It's together and been aligned and used as a daily driver now since.....not worried about professional advice at this point, when I needed It was before I bought the stupid struts...lmao. Club civic.....whatever. Thanks for the help. lol

Last edited:

slowDB7

Lmao, did you not look at your own thread. You even replied to my comment before.

Then gets all mad.....ohhh your just another keyboard badass, im so scared he might leave club civic when we give him answers to his problems he doesnt like

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is comedy, it's all right there.

01-02 is different from 03-05 saddly.

I know the 2 bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle are different sizes between the 2 years. iirc 01-02 is 14mm and 03-05 is 16mm
Update. I actually went and took measurements of these struts at all points, and went down to measure the struts in question to compare. I've found that there is very little, if any difference between the two struts. Biggest difference one using 2 - 16mm bottom mount bolts, as compared to 2 - 14mm bolts. Aside from this difference, the ride height is lowered 5mm. So far these are the differences. I bought these struts, and will find out next week how they fit in.

JayB

No harm...no fowl. Never looked closely at the member name, so yeah...SORRY!!!!!!!!! lol. I knew the bolt differences a week before even posting here.....if that's the only difference I've found so far, and am driving it daily now, it is no surprise to me that I knew they would work, even with the "pro's" on here, and even Honda telling me they won't work. One would think with a bazillion cars like this out there, that someone would've figured it out by now. lol. No worries, all good. Works well, runs well, and for 150 bucks total for two complete quick struts, instead of 325 each, I'll put up with the foolishness of the Internet..which never gets you far anyway. Sorry boys...and thanks boys. lol