Quix Pix

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
**UPDATE Page 2!!**
I took a few pics after I washed and waxed my car. Enjoy.

and the money shot........lol, jk

efren3

yeah im that cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
look's good needs to be lowered

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not bad man....atleast you have a clean slate to work off of...!!

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
not bad man....atleast you have a clean slate to work off of...!!
I know man! I don't know if you can tell by the pics, but there are small chips all in the hood and front bumper. The previous(and only other) owner used it for highway use, so lots of paint chips. Other than that, it's in immaculate condition.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm lovin it

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice. remember when mine looked like that. wait it still pretty much does lol. not for long though. but anyway nice pick up. very clean. might i recommend H&R springs off of showstoppersusa.com. 2 inch drop which imo is perfect for the EP thats why i got it. and put a hfp spoiler on it asap.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yours looks like it's dropped nicely. I'll probably go with that setup. Are you still on stock struts? I ditched the sunroof deflector today. I wanna get rid of the side moldings, is the adhesion hard to get off? I also want to get rid of the mud flaps, but I'm gonna wait till I drop it.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ItsAnEP3 said:
Yours looks like it's dropped nicely. I'll probably go with that setup. Are you still on stock struts? I ditched the sunroof deflector today. I wanna get rid of the side moldings, is the adhesion hard to get off? I also want to get rid of the mud flaps, but I'm gonna wait till I drop it.
ya i def suggest the H&R's its a nice drop and still maintains a pretty nice ride. ya im still on stock struts. when you take the side moldings of use a heat gun to heat up the glue then put some goo gone on it and rub it off or if you can get ahold of a plastic razor and be more careful that should work too.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
ya i def suggest the H&R's its a nice drop and still maintains a pretty nice ride. ya im still on stock struts. when you take the side moldings of use a heat gun to heat up the glue then put some goo gone on it and rub it off or if you can get ahold of a plastic razor and be more careful that should work too.
Well, I'm scared to take the moldings off now because I'm afraid there will be paint fading there.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dont think the fading would be that dramatic....:what:

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
I dont think the fading would be that dramatic....:what:
:werd: it should not be bad at all. i saw you said the same on ephatch. i dunno if you read that comment over there yet but i have to agree with what the guy said. if you keep it on it will just get worse. it shouldnt take more than maybe a half hour to do anyway. plus it will look so much better without them. we have a vbp si at my work with them on and after seeing that i said to one of the guys "why would you even consider that it looks terrible". hehe

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I'll probably get out Friday and take them off. It will make waxing 10x easier, lol.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ItsAnEP3 said:
Well, I'll probably get out Friday and take them off. It will make waxing 10x easier, lol.
you bet it will. i always hated trying not to get wax on the sidemoldings on my last car. now that this one has nothing to worry about really it is cake.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ItsAnEP3 said:
I know man! I don't know if you can tell by the pics, but there are small chips all in the hood and front bumper. The previous(and only other) owner used it for highway use, so lots of paint chips. Other than that, it's in immaculate condition.
That's not from highway driving, that's from tailgating. Sometimes it makes little cracks in the paint too.

Modern paints really don't fade much at all btw. If your paint appears faded, bring it to get professionally buffed (professionally... otherwise you might end up with big swirly tracks in your clearcoat). The "fading" is just oxidation though. Your clearcoat probably has a UV protectant in it even.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
That's not from highway driving, that's from tailgating. Sometimes it makes little cracks in the paint too.
Well....tailgating on the highway...anyways, I've been looking at carbon fiber hoods. What do you guys think?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a fan of carbon fiber hoods. Especially with needing hoodpins and such (well, it's certainly a good idea and you'd hate to one day need them and not have them).