1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

R18 motor TURBO KIT

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by seabeeunit87, Apr 13, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. seabeeunit87

seabeeunit87 New Member 5+ Year Member

i was just wondering if they built a turbo kit for the r18's yet?? and if so how much and wich brand?? any idea of how much of a HP boost it will have?

2. Sleeper

Sleeper 92 4doorSleeper Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

no, just make one. not rocket science

3. FRODO

FRODO New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

being that the mani is part of the head this might be hard.

4. doug piston

doug piston New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

werd... but i seen turbo that run off the ass end of the exhaust. so maybe somethin like that

5. bizoneoeh

bizoneoeh Ex-Gang Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...................

does anyone have pics of this motor?

6. io_303

io_303 NIFOC Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

s**t i cant find one, I want to see it too

7. bizoneoeh

bizoneoeh Ex-Gang Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yeah, I searched too but can't find s**t either :???:

8. King Bob

King Bob The life'o Riley Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

there are pics of the motor here http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=81619

but it will be a while before a turbo kit comes out at lest 2 years prolly more like 3 or 4, the Si is just to hot of an item so everone will prolly not waste time o nthe r18 if you want power I suggest a k swap

9. Matt.

Matt. Banned Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

wait... so the exhaust manifold is like welded to the head? What happened to honda and civic nation and all that? Don't they want us to mod the cars?!?!

10. io_303

cardomain FTW
    [​IMG]

11. io_303

i cant find any othe images, but that looks like another adapter plate engine =)

but hell is that the exhaust mani, I see the O2 but that is also the spark plugs on that side??? WTF that is an odd setup

12. aznwannabe

aznwannabe 26psi what? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

dude, f**k this post.

i just got really excited.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

credit to sean for the pictures. I stole them from one of his posts.

edit//
    hypothetically.. if they did make a turbo, it would probably boost 6-8psi.

13. Sleeper

no not really. Make flange to bolt up to head, have a sort lenth of exhaust piping coming off the flange to another flange(t25, t3, t4 flage whatever) make a bong for for o2 inbetween, install trbo... make custom downpipe, another bong for downstream o2 using an mechanical 02 simulator at the end of sensor(4bucks). its really not hard at all people.

14. aznwannabe

how would that create forced induction? I mean I can see it pulling out the exhaust faster, which would allow more air to be pushed IN. but what's gonna get the air in there?

I've seen the 350z twin turbo exhaust. they just have turbines in the muffler that pull out the exhaust faster.

but I just don't see how that would do anything forced induction wise.

15. bizoneoeh

Thanks for posting the pics :D

Honda messed up imo :(

16. Matt.

seems like it could be done pretty easy.... All you would need is an adaptor plate, and hope to god the turbo doesn't interfere with the hood. If it does, cut out a hole in the hood, and you're good to go.

17. Sleeper

You can put turbos further downstream. MANY do this with cars with V8's cramped engine bay like most GM LSx car such as the Camaro. the STS turbvoi setup for these cars are turly at the back of the car. It get more lag, but also has many benifites too & yes there are 4cyl cars done like this as well

18. bizoneoeh

No s**t :lol: The guy that owns the shop where I got my car tuned (AYA Racing). Was doing some s**t with that type of catalytic converter. I think he was working with SAAB or some big dog company. I would think that you'd have to remove the converter because it would create some problems but what do I know :lol: If I remember correctly he said that cars will be coming out with that type of catalytic converter.

19. Matt.

You miss understood, there is a turbo kit that mounts to the exhaust pipe, not for honda's though, and it goes back to the intake.

Running just a turbo on the exhaust would cause you to loose back pressure thus giving the same effect as open header or something to that nature.

20. aznwannabe

gotcha. I would just think that the lag would be unbearable. the car would cross the line before you spooled.. lol.