R18 motor TURBO KIT

seabeeunit87

5+ Year Member
i was just wondering if they built a turbo kit for the r18's yet?? and if so how much and wich brand?? any idea of how much of a HP boost it will have?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, just make one. not rocket science

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
being that the mani is part of the head this might be hard.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
werd... but i seen turbo that run off the ass end of the exhaust. so maybe somethin like that

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...................

does anyone have pics of this motor?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:

s**t i cant find one, I want to see it too

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait... so the exhaust manifold is like welded to the head? What happened to honda and civic nation and all that? Don't they want us to mod the cars?!?!

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cant find any othe images, but that looks like another adapter plate engine =)

but hell is that the exhaust mani, I see the O2 but that is also the spark plugs on that side??? WTF that is an odd setup

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude, f**k this post.

i just got really excited.

bizoneoeh said:

credit to sean for the pictures. I stole them from one of his posts.

edit//
hypothetically.. if they did make a turbo, it would probably boost 6-8psi.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
no not really. Make flange to bolt up to head, have a sort lenth of exhaust piping coming off the flange to another flange(t25, t3, t4 flage whatever) make a bong for for o2 inbetween, install trbo... make custom downpipe, another bong for downstream o2 using an mechanical 02 simulator at the end of sensor(4bucks). its really not hard at all people.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
doug piston said:
werd... but i seen turbo that run off the ass end of the exhaust. so maybe somethin like that
how would that create forced induction? I mean I can see it pulling out the exhaust faster, which would allow more air to be pushed IN. but what's gonna get the air in there?

I've seen the 350z twin turbo exhaust. they just have turbines in the muffler that pull out the exhaust faster.

but I just don't see how that would do anything forced induction wise.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for posting the pics :D

Honda messed up imo :(

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like it could be done pretty easy.... All you would need is an adaptor plate, and hope to god the turbo doesn't interfere with the hood. If it does, cut out a hole in the hood, and you're good to go.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:
how would that create forced induction? I mean I can see it pulling out the exhaust faster, which would allow more air to be pushed IN. but what's gonna get the air in there?

I've seen the 350z twin turbo exhaust. they just have turbines in the muffler that pull out the exhaust faster.

You can put turbos further downstream. MANY do this with cars with V8's cramped engine bay like most GM LSx car such as the Camaro. the STS turbvoi setup for these cars are turly at the back of the car. It get more lag, but also has many benifites too & yes there are 4cyl cars done like this as well

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:
dude, f**k this post.

i just got really excited.

credit to sean for the pictures. I stole them from one of his posts.

edit//
hypothetically.. if they did make a turbo, it would probably boost 6-8psi.
No s**t :lol: The guy that owns the shop where I got my car tuned (AYA Racing). Was doing some s**t with that type of catalytic converter. I think he was working with SAAB or some big dog company. I would think that you'd have to remove the converter because it would create some problems but what do I know :lol: If I remember correctly he said that cars will be coming out with that type of catalytic converter.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:

You miss understood, there is a turbo kit that mounts to the exhaust pipe, not for honda's though, and it goes back to the intake.

Running just a turbo on the exhaust would cause you to loose back pressure thus giving the same effect as open header or something to that nature.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sleeper said:
You can put turbos further downstream. MANY do this with cars with V8's cramped engine bay like most GM LSx car such as the Camaro. the STS turbvoi setup for these cars are turly at the back of the car. It get more lag, but also has many benifites too & yes there are 4cyl cars done like this as well
gotcha. I would just think that the lag would be unbearable. the car would cross the line before you spooled.. lol.