Radiator electical problem

mikelangleo984

I was working on my sisters car a 2005 Civic DX. It kept overheating and the fan would only work when it wanted to. Im an ok mechanic but still learning and have a ways to go, with the internet to help me. I was reading a diy on how to troubleshoot radiator fan problems and it told me to connect the under hood fan relay as one of the steps. The relay has 4 connections and so with the ignition on I jumped a wire from #1 to #2. The numbers are labeled on the relay. There was a spark and i guess i must have shorted something or burnt something out. My problem now is that fan doesnt work, climate control doesnt work. Ive been looking at wiring diagrams but still cant figure it out. Im trying to fix this as soon as possible. Any help would be appreciated. thank you

RonJ

Banned
In the under-hood fuse box, 20A fuse #4 is probably blown. Check and replace it as necessary.

In the under-dash fuse box, also check whether 10A fuse #14 is blown.

Did the radiator fan fail to run when the engine was hot but did run when you turned the A/C on?

mikelangleo984

thanks for the help. actually replaced it before i came back on here. found a good wiring diagram online and saw the fuse there. replaced it and tested it. works good and now going to do a radiator flush and bleed air out of it. again thanks you very much