radio stays on when key is out.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hey, the radio is a '97 prelude CD player. i plugged it in, stock wiring harness, stock antenna and all. when i take the key out...the radio continues to play for about 7 seconds, then just shuts off. i really dont mind it, but i'd like to make sure that something isnt wrong and im not drawing too much from my tiny NRG CELL battery.

any ideas?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the car in questions wouldn't be a gm product would it? lol. Just kidding.

Man, I say keep the jumper cables handy for a few days, if it doesn't kill the battery, hell keep it like that. Sounds pretty cool.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well thats the first thing i thought of about the GM. i know the GM work vans stay on for 10 minutes or until u open the door. but mine just shuts off after about 7 seconds no matter what.

i'll just keep my integra handy...i dont use the CRX for work or anything really.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its all gm's actually.

If it becomes a problem, just install a switch or something inline with the power.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, ghetto or no go haha

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont know where i would even start to find the problem for this...

if it did become a problem, i would probably wire the power to the radio the same way the power to my cooling fan is wired....straight to ignition.

i just dont want a current draw on the battery if i dont drive it for a couple days...

Mortvos

5+ Year Member
hey, the radio is a '97 prelude CD player. i plugged it in, stock wiring harness, stock antenna and all. when i take the key out...the radio continues to play for about 7 seconds, then just shuts off. i really dont mind it, but i'd like to make sure that something isnt wrong and im not drawing too much from my tiny NRG CELL battery.

any ideas?
I had that problem... I would say check your power wire, ground, and the memory wire... but you're using a harness so I don't know... although I was using one too... but only for the speakers...

There are two power wires, one produces a smaller amount than the other and it's used for the memory. Maybe you have them crossed or switched. Maybe the harness is jacked up. :what: