Rant: 7th gen Si in heavy traffic on I-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just for the record: No, he did not piss me off in anyway. He did not do anything that pissed me off. What pissed me off was he was just speeding in heavy traffic. But in general, he's a dumbass. If you were this guy, I think you are a moron and should just put in jail and have your license suspended. And yes, that guy who tailgated you with HID lights on your ass was me.

Bellevue, WA on I-90 interchange with I-405
At around 9:10pm. I was heading home after a long day on I-90 getting ready to change lane to enter I-405. I was minding my own business. Then I looked up and saw a pair of headlights on my tail. I didn't care much because at least once a week, I get someone tailgate me. I am not sure that car behind me was the Si since I didn't really want to pay attention to him. I switched to right lane at 62-64mph. Then I heard this exhaust flew by me on the far left lane and switched a 2-3 lanes into my lane. He did not cut me off, he also signaled into my lane. He did everything legally except for the speeding part. He was probably going at 75-80 or maybe faster. I don't know why, that it ticked me off. I sped up to catch up to him. He was stuck behind traffic in front of him. I tailgated him. Not sure why... But I did notice that he was revving his enigne by downshifting and s**t.

We got on I-405, this guy just took off. It was heavy traffic. To some of you, it's not heavy traffic at all. But I see lots of cars in front of me, and most were actually going at 60, the legal speed limit. That's heavy traffic. He took off, switched lane like crazy to the far left lane. I decided not to be a retard and follow him since I am getting off the freeway really soon. So I followed cars at about 55mph on the far right lane. I got off the freeway on the NE 8th toward downtown Bellevue. At the light, guess who I see? Yes, he was there again. I didn't try to race him because #1, Downtown Bellevue has lots of cops; #2, I'm on snow tires; #3, I'll loose because I haven't replace my EX badge with Si badge; #4, there was a car in front of me.

I don't understand why. Because you own a Si, so you act like you got all that? Were you in a hurry? Ever think about what if you hit someone while switching lane? If you die, that's a good thing, but if someone else died, would it make you feel good? Yes, speeding is fun, I guess? But why in that kind of traffic at night? I just don't understand. /rant

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He'll get what's coming to him...they always do.

As for a CC member, I doubt it. I don't think there's very many EP3's on here, but ClubSi might have him ;)

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Perhaps. But I just don't want to see people like him hurting others on the road. I don't believe he was drunk. But I've heard too many DUI drivers hit someone, and they live to pay the price. But the people they hit never get a chance to go home or grow up to get marry or see their grandkids. Everytime I read those stories, they always break my heart even though I have nothing to do with those victums. Since you are not drunk, why not slow down and take a chance to save yourself from hurting others? You are probably right, he's probably not on this forum. But if he is, he and I should meet so I can punch him in the face.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you were mad at him for speeding... so you chased him down and tailgated

huh

it's one of those "do as i say and not as i do" kinda things i guess
you took a bad situation, and succeeded only in making it worse

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe he was just messin around with you since you have stuff done to your car. If you didnt ride up on his ass he might not have been reving and trying to race you. The best thing to do is just ignore people in traffic. Be a defensive drive not an offensive, by chasing him down you were offensive. Just let the cops deal with him when he gets pulled over for speeding and if he is really pissing you off report his plates in to the police so they know when they do finally get him that he has had complaints logged against him for his driving.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea he probably tried to race you kuz he probably seen mods done to your car. this is a common thing for me as well, i get at least 2-3 people trying to mess with me when im driving.. knowing how slow my car is, i just ignore and drive on.

by the way, what car do you drive?

"I'll loose because I haven't replace my EX badge with Si badge"

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like slick said...

how can you be pissed at the guy if you sped up to catch him??

and if it didnt end in a race, accident, or something remotely interesting, why bother with the thread?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
What pissed me off was he was just speeding in heavy traffic. And yes, that guy who tailgated you with HID lights on your ass was me.
:crazy: :smackself

i read that entire thing and if you call going 60 mph on an interstate "heavy traffic" then :wgaf:

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
you were mad at him for speeding... so you chased him down and tailgated
I didn't exactly chased him down, but yes, I did speed up and catch up to him and tailgated him. That was for 10 seconds or so. There were cars in front of him, he had to slow down which was why I was on his ass. If there weren't cars in front of him and he would've been long gone. I wouldn't even bother trying to catch up to him in the first place. In fact, even if I didn't speed up, I would've caught up to him consider he had to slow down to 40mph or so. But like I said, I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I sped up. And again, that was after a long day, I wasn't thinking clearly. All I know was that I was piss people like that were allow on the road. This is actually the first time I ever sped up to catch someone just for the record. I rarely go above 65.

toneekay said:
by the way, what car do you drive?

"I'll loose because I haven't replace my EX badge with Si badge"
I drive an 05 ex coupe. I was just kidding about the badge thing.

all go no show said:
how can you be pissed at the guy if you sped up to catch him??

and if it didnt end in a race, accident, or something remotely interesting, why bother with the thread?
I caught up to him but I didn't go 100mph to catch him. I was going at 75-80mph when I sped up. No, that's not okay, not an excuse. But like I said, long day, not sure what I was thinking. Plus he got stuck behind because of traffic. He was going at 50 when he got stuck. Which allowed me to catch up to him. No, I didn't catch him to race him. I'm glad this story didn't end up in accident. It's only a matter of time. But if that's all you want, why bother reading? He sped, ticked me off, I sped up to catch up. Tailgated for 10 seconds and didn't bother keep going after him. Not a right thing to do, but at least I didn't tell part of the story to make myself look good and the guy look bad. And 3 or 4 mintues later, we both ended up at the same place. Did speeding save him time? No. Did he put others at risk? Yes. That's the story.

Shiznit said:
i read that entire thing and if you call going 60 mph on an interstate "heavy traffic" then :wgaf:
You know how you are suppose to follow the car in front of you three seconds behind? Almost everyone was following at about a second to 1.5 second behind. Cars on the right lane, which where I was at, were going at 55mph. Cars on the middle lane were slightly faster and far left was about 5 mph faster than I was going. I would consider that as heavy traffic since I can see tailights all over the freeway for a good 1/4 mile or so away. On I-90, it wasn't heavy traffic, but on I-405, it was. Otherwise, he wouldn't be cutting people off. You don't have to give a f**k. But if the same situation happened to you. The guy flies by you, you just go "Who gives a f**k?" And later that day, you find out the same guy who passed you hit someone you love and he/she is seriously injured. I bet you would have a different opinion.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
but you were going 60... talk to me when its infinity seconds of time behind the car in front of you because you cant move anywhere :???:

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was going at 55. Nevermind, I don't think you will understand why I say it's heavy traffic unless I have picture to prove it. But that's understandable. I mention that not everybody will consider it as heavy traffic already.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
learning to drive in los angeles... i dont think i will either :D

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey

Hey,
He drives a si...lol.
He spent alittle extra money so he could have more pathetic looking car but he has alittle extra horsepower.
Dont waste your breath.

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll loose because I haven't replace my EX badge with Si badge; #4, there was a car in front of me.

^^ that is funny.. hahahaha but yea.. so what if he speeds it's his car, basically you posted a thread about something that is useless.. or maybe he got him a new car and he wanted to see what it could do.. as long as he wasnt being a d**k with it.. like cutting people off.. so what if he speeds everyone does it.. he prolly had to get off the exit and he speeded up and see some open spots in the traffic.. so he did what he had to do.. you never know.. sounds like the guy was doing what any of us would do.. beat the traffic rush lol

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
Pinapples: Not that I'm going to dissagree with anything you've said, but at least you can control your road rage to a minimum.

Atleast once a week, I get some ricer that tries to race me. You can spot the type frome a mile away. It starts with the shiny new chrome exhaust. You know the one, it sounds like someone just stepped on a giant woopie cushin. Then as you get closer, you notice the blue headlights shining down on the ground (right in front of the car at the ground or maby even up in the sky, not out tward the road where it should be). Then as you get even closer, you start to see the (insert stereo type here) sitting in the drivers seat.

Now I'll admit, I speed. Maby not within reason, but I'll always heed way to others around me. But does my speeding extend the offer to try and race me? Is there a big neon sign on my car that say's I wanna race you N00B ?

I'll say it here, right now. If you want to race me, find me at the track. If you think your car can out perform, find me at the track. If you think you are capeable, find me at the track. Not the drag strip either. Not that I'm against Drag racing, It's just boring to me. I'd perfer somthing more exciting, maby something to shake up my organs from side to side. Anyway, not that this is an offer to come find me, it's just my rant in an extension to Pinapples.

1999civicsi

Banned
fuk that...neone tries to race me ...im out...dodging traffic and everything...u wanna race...were doing it...only life im endangering is mine...no1 really tries to race me though..

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
1999civicsi said:
only life im endangering is mine...
Ok so let's say your doddging through traffic. Your cutting left, your weaving right. As you weave right, something goes wrong. (this is hypeothetical) Let's just say you chose some crappy Ebay coil-overs, and as your weaving right, your left front coil-over dicinigrates leaving you to up to "yo mad skillz". As you try to regain control of your mad rice mobile, you cause a sick accident where the persom you just cut off PITTS you, spinning you sideways. As this happens said bystandard then slams into your passangers door, for hit No.2. This catastrophy haslanded you now into another lane, and is now vaulting you into another car head-on. This Soccer mom in her minivan, freaks out swerves right and flips her van, throwing her and her kids around inside the minivan like your x-mass presant under the tree you keep trying to shake so you can try to figure out what it is but by the time you open it, it's already broken. (It's ok, it was just some crappy cheep toy from grandma anyway.) After all is said and done, Ambulances leave, the wrecker has the three mangled cars, and you've settled into the backseat of the cruzier, you go for that dreaded ride. On your arival at the PoPo station, during processing, before your mommy arives, the PIG's tell you "Soccer Mommy Died". Now that mother of two, and devoted church going all-aroung good citizen, wife of some man you've never met, and could probably never of cared about in your lifetime, is DEAD. Never coming back to tuck her children in at night, or to tell her husband how much she loves him, again.

Thats the scean that will play over and over and over again as you sit in your jail cell, where you were incarecerated for Involintary manslaughter in the 1st degree. Shure, you may not spend a lifetime in jail, maby not even ten, or five years. But that image will haunt you forever, I promise.

I'm not saying thats you, but it could happen. It happens almost every day. So just think about it before you go and do somthing stupid. I don't mean to preach, but I know this all to well, from a second hand basis. As a matter of fact, I have to go pick up that friend later from work, and drive his deadbeat ass home.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
panda said:
I'll loose because I haven't replace my EX badge with Si badge; #4, there was a car in front of me.

^^ that is funny.. hahahaha but yea.. so what if he speeds it's his car, basically you posted a thread about something that is useless.. or maybe he got him a new car and he wanted to see what it could do.. as long as he wasnt being a d**k with it.. like cutting people off.. so what if he speeds everyone does it.. he prolly had to get off the exit and he speeded up and see some open spots in the traffic.. so he did what he had to do.. you never know.. sounds like the guy was doing what any of us would do.. beat the traffic rush lol
I don't speed like he did even if I was trying to beat the traffic rush. I don't think you understand what happened. He wasn't cutting people off on I-90 but once on I-405, he took off. It was busy, but I guess that's not busy at all in LA. He was cutting people off for sure. He was going probably at 90mph at that point, I don't know because I chose not to chase him. There's a difference between speed up to an open spot than speeding all the way. I can promise you that he wasn't trying to beat the traffic. By the way he drives, I say he was speeding for excitement.

02EXSILVER said:
but at least you can control your road rage to a minimum.
You are totally right. I find myself getting pissed off on many things when driving. Like people come into my lane not signaling. Someone cuts me off. Someone runs a red light. Someone talk on his/her cell phone. And many more. But yes, I do need to control my road rage problem. Thanks.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yo

I think he just took your little Special edition out to the woodshed.
Just accept it and lets move on.

1999civicsi

Banned
stock b16a...eibach prokit with stock shocks...a lip kit...a short ram intake...and a shortshifter.......i would not even come close to classifying myself as a ricer...or do i talk like a white kid that wants to be black....and of course im going to rip the s**t out of my car on the highway...much safer then local roads...of course i wouldnt do ne of this when theres heavy or even pretty decent traffic..im talking 1 am 2 am..

Status
Not open for further replies.