Rant: 7th gen Si in heavy traffic on I-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanM

pineapples said:
Just for the record: No, he did not piss me off in anyway. He did not do anything that pissed me off. What pissed me off was he was just speeding in heavy traffic.

im pretty sure that means he pissed you off...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've had people race by me. I mean, literally racing by me in decently thick traffic around here. Me going 60-70 and them going 90-100. The type of peopel that you never even saw them coming they're driving so fast. Now that might stand out t6o me, but a guy weaving through traffic going 80 or so? Not as much.
Liquidice944 said:
Hey,
He drives a si...lol.
He spent alittle extra money so he could have more pathetic looking car but he has alittle extra horsepower.
Dont waste your breath.
Pathetic? I personally love the 7G Si. I've driven earlier 7G coupes and well.. to say the least I was not impressed with the quality. Meanwhile, drive a first year 7G Si and the quality was much higher.

No offense meant to anyone with 7G coupes and sedans, but I'd choise a 7G Si over them any day. And they're not really that expensive btw.

Sounds more like this wasn't that he was speeding... but he was driving unsafe for the conditions (speeds AND weaving from the description).
1999civicsi said:
fuk that...neone tries to race me ...im out...dodging traffic and everything...u wanna race...were doing it...only life im endangering is mine...no1 really tries to race me though..
If you're dodging traffic you're endagering the other peopel on the road too. If you're driving and you crash you're endangering everyone near you and within the next couple hundred feet behind you.
Pineapples said:
By the way he drives, I say he was speeding for excitement.
Or out of habit.
1999civicsi said:
stock b16a...eibach prokit with stock shocks...a lip kit...a short ram intake...and a shortshifter.......i would not even come close to classifying myself as a ricer...or do i talk like a white kid that wants to be black....and of course im going to rip the s**t out of my car on the highway...much safer then local roads...of course i wouldnt do ne of this when theres heavy or even pretty decent traffic..im talking 1 am 2 am..
Wtf?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no offense but who cares, weaving in and out of lanes is real fun but real risky, let em do what he wants and if he gets hurt its his fault, i dunno about you but whenever i see a decently hooked up civic on the highway i mess around with them, to me its just pure fun

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RiPPiN_iT said:
no offense but who cares, weaving in and out of lanes is real fun but real risky, let em do what he wants and if he gets hurt its his fault, i dunno about you but whenever i see a decently hooked up civic on the highway i mess around with them, to me its just pure fun
Pure stupid when in traffic.

It's one thing to risk your own life and the other pepople wanting to race, but where there are other people on the road cut it out. or at the very least don't post abotu it online and expect people to think you're cool or not tell you that you shouldn't be driving like an ass.

Oh yeah, and some of the people in modified cars that you're trying to race probably think it's lame when you try to mess with them. Just because a person likes to modify their car doesn't mean they like to race or race in traffic.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiPPiN_iT said:
Yup! (street raceing since 63) LOL

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
:crazy: :smackself

i read that entire thing and if you call going 60 mph on an interstate "heavy traffic" then :wgaf:
:werd: heavy traffic is like bumper to bumper...

try driving in L.A. where people are constantly going 80mph and tailgating your ass...stop being such a pussy...waste of a thread :thumbdown:

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
im pretty sure that means he pissed you off...
You're right. I should've said it differently.

.blazed_ej8 said:
try driving in L.A. where people are constantly going 80mph and tailgating your ass...stop being such a pussy...waste of a thread
Why are you replying? You must be one of those people. That explains alot. I didn't realize in L.A. you can go 80mph with that kind of traffic.

Liquidice944 said:
Just accept it and lets move on.
Accept what and move on from what?

1999civicsi said:
...of course im going to rip the s**t out of my car on the highway...much safer then local roads...of course i wouldnt do ne of this when theres heavy or even pretty decent traffic..im talking 1 am 2 am.
Safer? Yes. Right thing to do? No. It is safer, but not be much. There will still be people on the freeway. Some of them may actually be so tired that they are falling asleep behind the wheel. He can hit you, or you can hit him. Either way, the result will not be good. And if it was a semi truck, the chances for you to escape that situation would be way less. Read 02EXSILVER's post, that's actually worth reading and think about the lives that you may hurt. It's not only you and the other driver. It's his/her family, friends, love ones, and etc.

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
uhhh cus your complaining about people driving faster than you when your going 60mph....who cares ? theres always people like that...whats so important about this thread ? all your doing is bitching...whats bitching gonna do ?

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
60mph = speed limit. I go above speed limit all the time, but under 70 most of the time. 65 or under when it's dark. I never go at a speed where I know I can hurt others. You are 18, I guess I can't expect you to understand. You don't think this thread is important? Leave it then. I think it's important. I think it's important that people like you should think about the lives that you could hurt. Speeding at high speed is careless of others' safety.

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what makes you think i speed all the time ? im not like that fool in the Si. i only speed when its safe and clear to do so...so dont say i dont understand. I was rear-ended by a stupid driver that was speeding to the stop light when the light was red...he totalled my accord...i hate people that speed when its not safe but what can we do ? there are so many people like that here in vegas especially those srt-4 and subie drivers. anyways i've seen so many threads like this saying how speeding is dumb, someone sped by them almost hitting them, etc. they wont do anything...you think all the stupid drivers are gonna come in here to read this and actually listen ? if the driver was even on this forum and you told him about how you felt do you think he would even listen ? theres nothing we can do...there will always be stupid drivers...

P.S. sorry if i dont make sense...im :high: :P

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn your speed limits suck, ours on the interstate is 70 and 65 for trucks, i get my lil s10 going about 80 all the damn time, quit cryin and move outta the way next time, and i'm sure you'd say the same s**t cause if you were going about 60 id fly up on your ass too and thats w/a small pickup truck

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
damn your speed limits suck, ours on the interstate is 70 and 65 for trucks, i get my lil s10 going about 80 all the damn time, quit cryin and move outta the way next time, and i'm sure you'd say the same s**t cause if you were going about 60 id fly up on your ass too and thats w/a small pickup truck

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I go 130 MPH on the freeway ...... :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't care so much about speeders as I do about the dumbasses who ride in the wrong lanes. Aren't passing anyone at a solid speed? Get in the right lane. Want to pass someone? Get in the left lane. Someone wants to merge? Get in the other lane.

And always signal. I'm also tired of people who think a turn signal gives them a right to change lanes. They signal and jump over in front of you all in one swift movement.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
Tell that to the judge when you get in an accident, that is if you are still alive.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, if you cause an accident because you're trying to enforce the law... cops won't be too happy with you either.

I'm talking about people like the ones who sit in the passing lane and go the speed limit because theyr'e "taking it upon themselves" to enforce the speed limit. Not your job and you're breaking the law too.

Playing king of the road, tailgating, etc are just other ways to break the law and possibly cause an accident.

Be the bigger man, get over into the right lane and leave it alone. Adjust your speed as required in order to stay away form that person if you think they're that dangerous. The most involved you ever need to get is call in tag numbers if you're really that concerned (and I either get a passenger to do that or pull over btw).

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was on the right lane, did I not mention that? I normally drive on the right lane at or a little bit above the speed limit. I didn't even know the black Si was behind me till he flew by and caught my attention. No matter how you see it, he was wrong for what he did. And I was wrong for getting pissed off and tailgate him even though it was only for a few seconds.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't say you were in any particular lane, did I?

Status
Not open for further replies.