Ravelco anti-theft system?

jagnon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone heard of ravelco anti-theft systems?

Was doing research on car security, and found a link to this website www.ravelco.net

Supposedly in business for 27 years, and have had 0 car thefts among all of the installations.. works with a special plug, that will disable all the electronics unless you have the plug.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmmmm, that's interesting. I have to go around those dayum "chip" underdash security things and they are a frickin' joke. Circumventable in under five seconds.

(No, I don't steal cars, I install IID's )

RLNHRD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if a theif wants your car bad enough, it doesn't matter what kind of alarm you have their going to get it. all you can do is try and prevent/discourage it. i use an alarm system as well as the unbreakable auto-lock with the barrel lock keys (it attaches to your brake, gas or clutch pedal), and is certainly alot better than the lame club that attaches to your steering wheel. not only will they have to get pass the alarm, but have to tear the auto-lock off as well. hopefully, by then i'll be able to get my hands on the sob, and beat them to death with my baseball bat. there is another anti-theft deterent called lo-jack, in which they put a chip (somewhere where it's almost impossible to find) inside your car so the police can track it down where ever it may be. also, most insurance companies give big discounts with that installed. usually, if a thief can't get your car within a few minutes, they'll probably move on somewhere else. hopefully no one on here gets their car jacked :(

jagnon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The autolock can be busted in 60 seconds.. same goes for the club. http://www.clubbuster.com/clubbuster.htm

The interesting thing about the ravelco system, is that it reroutes all of your electronics into a single junction box.. and that the special key you use to start your car is the only way to get the correct mappings for the connections. From the website, they say there have been ZERO thefts of cars with this system installed..

Just trying to find out if anyone heard of it... from the lack of response I guess no one has..

RLNHRD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty scary thought that there is always going to be some kind of device or another to get around any kind of car security alarm/device you may have. i like the autolock alot better then all the other club, steering wheel lock devices, etc.. out there. at least it attaches to the strongest part of your car (brake/gas/clutch pedal), and can't be just cut off right away like the formentioned.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn well both those things can be f**ked up easy so just if u dont want um to take ur car then take the wheels off and remove the battery

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by jagnon
[

The interesting thing about the ravelco system, is that it reroutes all of your electronics into a single junction box.. and that the special key you use to start your car is the only way to get the correct mappings for the connections.

[/B]
If that's true, it would make it a HUGE pain in the ass to steal. The thief would probably give up in a short amount of time and leave your wiring all f'd up and your interior trashed. I used to just take the fusebox out of my Ninja (it just unplugs) and park it . I found it about a block away from my ex's apartment on it's side and smashed up. The thief had it hotwired correctly but couldn't get power so he pushed down the street to vandalize it.

handofgod

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've dealt with similar ones. Idon't know if the same company made them, but they are a joke. The ones I've seen actually only reroute a couple of ignition wires. If a thief had access to your wiring, he could bypass that thing by looking at your factory wire colours.