Read EK4 P2T OBD2 Ecu? With Pictures

creizlein

I have a 1998 Civic VTi EK4 JDM which has the factory P2T OBD2 ecu, but, as expected it doesn't have any standard OBD2 pinout to plug a scanner and read data.
( and NO, I DO NOT have the obd2 connector near the fuse box, this is not a EM1 model )

Below you can see the two plugs that come out of the ecu, the standard 2 wire diagnose one and the 3 cable with +12v and signal

I bought a cable adapter that converts the 3 cable out from the ecu to a OBD2 plug and I am trying to read some data out of it without any luck.

For Honda 3pin male to female 16pin obd2 diagnostic cable

The intention is just to READ data out from the ecu, not change anything, but at least be able to read error codes and engine details like rpm, lambda sensor and such. Basically i want to use some "Torque" alike Android app.

Does anyone have accomplish this or know what is the protocol that the scanner needs to support in order to read this ECU? So far I have tried with two different types of scanner, one is just the classic EML327 Bluetooth dongle and the other is a MaxiScan MS310 which is what i have in stock at home.

Below are the pictures of the ECU and the scanners I used, they do come to live (start and turn on, so voltage is coming trough, but upon scanning it doesn't detect anything with the various protocols it tries)

Dtghbg

creizlein

Sorry for late response Dtghbg, i did try and own an ELM327 with the cable adapter as you mention but did not get it to work.
Anyhow, you seems to be in the right direction, i know it is some kind of protocol restriction, or better said a specific protocol not widely used.

What i did found and bought is a hondash adapter, and it works pretty good and shows all the required information!
Check it out at http://www.hondash.net/

Dtghbg

Thanks bro. I just messaged the devs if there would be a V2 soon of the device and also if the V1 and V2 have the android app in august. How did you connect your device to your ECU? Did you use the 3pin?

My fingers are on the buy button right now wait for a reply lol.

creizlein

Yes, indeed that device connects directly to the 3pin dlc diagnostic port of the ECU, and provides Bluetooth interface.
the android app isnt ready just yet so right now i am using the win32 one.