Reading check engine light...

MyGirls99dx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello,

This might be a bit long, but I hope you bear with me. I just got a call from my girl who drives a '99 DX hatchback. Her check engine light lit up while she was driving, and she's freaked out about it...heehee. Anyway, I drive a Maxima and I bought one of those OBD 2 code readers for when I got a CEL. I was wondering if there's a socket somewhere under the steering wheel (or anywhere) of the civic that I could plug the code reader into (as it is for the Maxima)? Also, is there a list of the defined codes that I could look at here? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize for being a newbie out here - but we have to start at some point. Thanks again.

Will

silvertuner98

Banned
yes there is a port under the dash. right by the hood latch up underneath the knee thing on the far left side it sticks straight down. idk if the maxima one will be the same tho but give it a try

MyGirls99dx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks much for the info. I'll check it out later this evening. Is there a place on the site I can go to define the CEL code that comes up?