Real Advantages of Carbon Fiber Hood

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am looking into getting a VIS Carbon Fiber hood and I just want to know the real advantages of getting one... weight reduction how much ? worth the money??? opinions on a black car???

mr_ducksauce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
saves ABOUT40 lbs...i think the money can be spent better on other performance products...and it goes very well on a black car

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it's mostly for looks, like a lip... but cf hood look pimp

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Function: Carbon Fiber is Light, Durable, and Strong.
Form: Looks quite nice.... quite nice indeed.
Yeah there are a lot of other things you could buy instead of a cf hood, but thats your own choice and you'll have to make up your own damn mind about what you wanna buy.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Buy it! The ladies love the carbon fibre hoods. I have gotten more comments from the females than from the car guys. "That looks really pretty" I have had it for a week and have gotten commentary from women at least 4 times. A girl I work with says something every time she sees it. (I have no photos of it(camera lost))

D16sokdo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo should go to siebon.com get the hood fenders trunk lip anything they have for ur car then youll have less weight

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A front wheel drive car with most of the weight bias on the front can benefit from taking as much weight off the front as possible to balance the vehicle.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no benifit.. i think it makes little to NO differance.. id love to see an actual test done to see if a car handle, accelerates, stops, etc.. any better with a light weight hood.. i have one.. but i got it because i like the way it looks.. and that is the only reason..

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i may hold off and go with the gsr leather seats which would you guys go with????????

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CF hood before the seats any day.

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SEATS.......come on now...get the carbon hood bro. How is there no benifit from having a LIGHTER CAR???? :roll: some people.......try to shave 40 lbs without losing luxury in your car, then a carbon hood might sound more usefull

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the hood, it looks good, and saves actually only about 30 lbs if you get a good one, as far as cost goes.... youll be happier with the hood than seats (imo). or you could do like i did and have you insurance buy it for you... HA!

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt waste my money on a VIS hood, not much weight difference from stock. try fiber image cf hood, they are much lighter and stronger, big difference from stock and VIS hoods. if you want to lose weight on your car, complete a/c system from condensor to the heater core and remove the power steering which will take out about 75lbs. having weight reduction can make a difference if you take enough weight off. having your car 200-300lbs will make a difference in times. also..putting in gsr seats will add more weight to your car..try some racing bucket seats.

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my CF hood never gets compliments from girls =(. Its vented so the engine stays a bit cooler, i think...

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hood pins are the s**t... i think... everyone here in cali that i see is too cheap to buy/install them... then i laugh when i see a car on the side of the freeway w/ no hood and teh guy is crying cuz his 300-500 dollar hood is getting ran over by a semi... kids these days