Rear Defroster Not Working

99civicy8

5+ Year Member
So hears the deal every since i got the car the rear defroster never worked, and the other day it was pouring and it would of been nice to see out my back window. The light comes on when you push the button and you hear a click down by the fuse box, and i checked the fuse under the dash and the hood one looked good too. I removed the clips from both sides and tested them for power with it on and got nothing. Hears the thing tho the previous owner had tint on and removed it at one time, and I'm pretty sure he used a razor blade because all my lines in the back window are orange there are no breaks in them there just orange? would that make it not work because i have no idea whats wrong

jerzfinest13

5+ Year Member
Im on the same position as you bro. my rear defroster doesnt wrk either. i have to check the fuse b/c the light does come on for mine as well, the only difference for mine is that the bottom 3 "orange lines' defrost, lol. Sounds weird but idk why this happens...
Someone please help us out!

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure but check all your fuses. honda did a wierd thing with putting certain things together on fuses. for instance, the heater blower is connected to the windows. not sure why. so the defroster may be connected to another fuse. its going to be a pain but you will possibly find it that way. check the connection for the harness by the window. it may be unplugged. you may have to pull apart your interior panel to get to it. it may be cut, spliced, or all of those not done correctly. the harness should be on the passenger side right next to the window- black. try that