Rear defroster Not working

MikeyL

5+ Year Member
hey guys,
i'm new here and I also just purchased myself a 96 Civic Hatchback auto. I did not purchase the car to "supe" it up. I purchased it for the gas economy and price. Anyways, i have a problem

My rear defroster does not seam to defrost? when I push the Defroster button, it lights up, I checked all the fuses and they are all ok. I was looking for the connection plug to the window, but could not locate it. My rear windshield wiper works...I'm not sure if it's all connected through the same cabling or not. Anyways, Where should I start to even begin trouble shooting this? by the way, even though it's probably bad to assume, but i'm assuming the rear windsheild defroster cable is plugged in. What else should I start trying?

I figured it does not work, when the windshield should fog up, say on a rainy day, On other cars, when I hit the rear defrost, it would take awhile, but along the defrosting lines, it would start clearing up and eventually dry up the fog. It does not even create a nice dry line along the defroster line on my civic.

sorry the blabbering, i wanted to get as much info in as possible. Thanks!

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe it got left on and burned out, and please dont ever say "supe it up" again

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
maybe it got left on and burned out, and please dont ever say "supe it up" again
:lol: :lol:

umm could be something wrong with the wiring or that plug you couldent seem to find i can find mine look on the edge of the window

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, there shoudl be a way to see if you're getting a charge to the lines.

And *BUMP*