rear disc converion

beastmode1er

Ok I want more stopping power I wanna conversation my rear stock brakes where do I start?also I have town springs on tokico blues what else would improve my ride quality!???

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Google bud, you didnt even say what car you have. If you want rear discs your either gonna be going with an integra swap, an em1 swap or a del sol swap assuming you have a civic older than 2000. But you won't get much more stopping power. Your better off swapping the front brakes to larger diameter with bigger calipers.

What civic do you own and whats your budget and what do you use the car for. Daily driver, track, what?

beastmode1er

Its a 02 civic and daily driver. I thought rear disc were better then drum. I no they look better

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought rear disc were better then drum. I no they look better
Disc are better and easier from a maintenance standpoint and to some, they look better, but offer no better stopping power than drums and technically are heavier. Also, the majority of your braking power comes from the front, you'd be better off upgrading there for better braking performance.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More about the pads than rotors if thats what your thinking about. Do some research bro. Get some Hawk HPS pads cuz much better than stock and then get slotted rotors if you want it to look cool