Rear fog light location

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I purchased a rear fog light for my em1. The one that is custom install in the rear bumper towards bottom left corner. Does anyone know where I can find the exact location to place the rear fog light? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest i think you put it whereever you want , i dont think there is a specific location on the 6th gen. but put it on the drivers side of the bumper cause your cars lhd, if it were rhd the fog should be on the right side of the bumper

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats hot. I want to get one now.....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've been wanting to get one for the past few months...I think they look pimp...!

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks I'm just going to purchase a leveler with vertical and horizontal bubble and place it right under the driver’s side tail light but right in the middle of the rear bumper. I will make sure it's leveled so it won’t look crooked. I guess that will be the best assumption.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I will post photos once installed. How about the wiring should I wire it to the parking light so it will be on when I put my parking lights on but have a switch to turn it off and on?

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swich to turn it on and off when you want, i beleave it is for use only in inclement weather....

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Screw it, I'd wire it into my parking lights. Who cares if its only for inclimate weather. :lol:

Also, where'd you but it, DontTri? And how much if you dont mind me asking....

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could go to like a tractor trailer supply shop and find a light verry similer to that for like 10 bucks

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cole said:
you could go to like a tractor trailer supply shop and find a light verry similer to that for like 10 bucks
Really....? Any idea what the deminsions of the "real" rear fog lights are?

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the op would be able to tell us...

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are the dimensions of the fog dont_tri

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
THats soooo sick! Cole, go buy one. Then your HB will look ALOT like that one in the pic. =p

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
i've been wanting to get one for the past few months...I think they look pimp...!
I was thinking about it as well, however for some reason every time I look at them I want one for both left and right sides. I dunno???

And as far as the 6th gen rear fogs go they were made into the tailights. (if you were wanting to go true JDM.) But if installed correctly those look good as well.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Trbolvrcrx said:
I was thinking about it as well, however for some reason every time I look at them I want one for both left and right sides. I dunno???

And as far as the 6th gen rear fogs go they were made into the tailights. (if you were wanting to go true JDM.) But if installed correctly those look good as well.
I know the 6th gen rear fogs are made into the tail lights I just want to install this one just to have it. I like the way it looks from photo's of car's with it installed.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put it anywhere you want.. there is no template since it wasnt designed for your car so as long as its level it should look good