rear springs 96 civic

delarn

I have a 96 civic with 20 inch rims on her. changed front an rear springs and struts. the front is raised perfectly ok. the rear still not the same height as the front. wheels was leaning inward so i put adjustable cambers on rear. now wheels are straight. so help lift up rear like front

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good ole durham, NC. Had a buddy grow up there. Visitied a few times and the amount of 1,000 cars on 2,000 20" rims was ridiculous.

Not sure how to help you but did you ever think of going a different route? Some smaller wheels with an appropriate drop could be just as nice. I don't understand the concept of the huge flashy wheels on a cheap car, is it just to show off money?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would'nt even know what to suggest being that there's no proper way to even fit 20's on a civic without heavy modifications. How did you even get it to sit that high? It must rub like crazy.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This must be a NC thing.. when I was traveling from Charlotte to some beach, we were keeping count of small cars with wheels to large. We ended up losing count...

OP, get new wheels if you want your problem to be solved correctly. Civic's are not meant to be 4x4's

delarn

yo I only paid $280 for the wheels thats what i like i did the small wide wheel back in the 90's with Dayton's someone told me that rear springs off a 91 accord would do it an dont really scrub unless someone else is in the car with me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yo I only paid $280 for the wheels thats what i like i did the small wide wheel back in the 90's with Dayton's someone told me that rear springs off a 91 accord would do it an dont really scrub unless someone else is in the car with me

That just sounds impractical. Get new wheels or suck it up and deal with improper fitment.

dancam

Registered VIP
Your problem is they rub when you have passengers?Is it a solid axle? Just get a set of those air bags meant to keep dodge diesel trucks from bottoming out when you load them over half way. You have an air compressor and bags on the rear axle. Deflate when no passengers and inflate with passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo, I only paid $280 for the wheels. thats what i like. i did the small wide wheel back in the 90's with Dayton's. someone told me that rear springs off a 91 accord would do it an dont really scrub unless someone else is in the car with me.
So you like forcing on cheap rims that dont fit a car? Even the slightest research wouldve shown you that 20s do no fit these Civics. Prepare to spend more money than the car is worth to custom widen the fenders and likely modify the suspension just for 20s to fit a Civic.

If "someone told you" is all the effort you have to figure this out then you shouldnt be surprised with the issues you have and more to come.

I dont see what a small rim comparison has to do with 17s that fit a Civic muuuuuch better but still RUB (not scrub unless youre cleaning dishes in there).