rear squeaking noise problem!!

genobee

5+ Year Member
has anyone installed a asr subframe, sway bar, and end links? got this weird annoying squeaking noise that coming from my rear passage side. am thinking its the endl inks because its all metal and they got rusted very quick (4 months) and theirs no bushings on it.

i also installed new shocks and coils (illumina/GC) about 2 months before i installed the sway bar. there was a squeaking noise before, which i knew came from my speakers but this could also be the issue. some mechanic told me my rear shock was blown, but i think he was wrong because my boiz shocks blown in the some spot and mines dont feel as shitty as his and mines is lower.

thinking about buying some blox end links (which has bushings) and see if it stop the squeaking. let me know your opinion about this problem.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
do you have an aftermarket exhaust that runs under the brace?

if so, move the exhaust off of it by pullin down on it or something.
He said squeaks not knocks.

It could be the end links since they dont have bushings. Have you tried lubing them up?

jimmo

5+ Year Member
my rear passenger tokico illumina shock squeaks too, not too much but it's never shown the slightest malfunction by any means

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine sometime make the metal contact noise but is normal because the spring is settling back in.

as of why,because u dont have helper spring so the coilover tend to move around when u hit bumps.

If your car is dump meaning u have a big gap between the top hat and spring like me.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2329687

this should show u what i mean^^^^

Snate

5+ Year Member
Your trailing arm bushing could be going out. It will cause a lot of squeaking. Check to see if it's cracked or looking warn. They go out in Civics ALL the time.

genobee

5+ Year Member
He said squeaks not knocks.

It could be the end links since they dont have bushings. Have you tried lubing them up?
the endlink is all metal so i dont know if lubing them would work, but i didnt lube the sway bar bushing which might be the problem. the squeaking always goes away when it rains, and comes back when its dry.

my rear passenger tokico illumina shock squeaks too, not too much but it's never shown the slightest malfunction by any means
i dont think its my tokico. how comfortable is your illumina? and how low is your car?

Your trailing arm bushing could be going out. It will cause a lot of squeaking. Check to see if it's cracked or looking warn. They go out in Civics ALL the time.
i was gonna buy a master bushing kit soon, are the trail are bushing included in at? oh and do you know if poly bushing squeak also?

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x3
mine crack and squeak all the time but lazy to change out the bushing.

stick with OEM bushing do not get aftermarket because it tend to bind later on.

OEM bushing onl cost 30buck each.

brashley09

5+ Year Member
its def not your shocks. they wouldnt squeak. id bet my car its the end links (no i wouldnt).
if theyre rusted you should get some bushings. if it still squeaks worst thing you did was spend thirty bucks.