Rear Strut prep question

Mike99LX

Just received new rear struts w/coils nothing fancy not going for any look right now just reliability.
I've been looking through the forum but can't find the information I need.

Sorry for those who probably heard this quistion a billion times.

OK looks like I am going to have to take 2 bolts 1 from the bottom shock and another bolt that looks to be on the knuckle.
I heard these bolts can break while taking them off in some cases.
On the schematic looks like the number 19 bolt/ I could be wrong.
I'm figuring I will need 4 bolts.
I found this on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Rear-Lower-Control-Arm-Bolt-Front-or-Rearward-Position-Set-of-4-for-Honda-/371437236754?fits=Year:1999|Make:Honda|Model:Civic|Submodel:LX&epid=1111234612&hash=item567b627212:g:kG8AAOSwImRYWosv&vxp=mtr
Would these be the bolts I would need.? Is this a good price if they are the bolts I need?
Seen bolts for cheaper but you get what you pay for so trying to avoid going down that trail.

Any help is great so far everyone has been a big help here thanks.

Drakon543

Not sure about the sizing question but any exposed suspension related bolts will have the possibility to break. Get some pb blaster and spray all the bolts for a few days before you attempt any work. An impact gun if you have access to one can also help get some bolts out that would otherwise break. Start off with low power either with the dial setting on the gun or with the variable trigger and work up until it comes free.

Mike99LX

Ah ok awesome.
Yeah was worried reading so many issues with those bolts.
Will pb blast the hell out of them and if successful will use anti-seize grease when rebolting.
I'm probably going to wait on this. Also heard when changing struts you might need a alignment after I'm all for it but wallet says otherwise at the moment.
Going to stick with a easy fix (fast left turn signal) maybe change the bulbs around at least that fix won't put me in the hole right now

Drakon543

Alignment is a definite. Your alignment could be off far enough it will chew your tires up and/or make it unsafe to regularly drive.

Mike99LX

Got it. Thanks for the replies.
I figured as much yeah this fix is on hold for the moment.
Nothing serious just alot of soft banging in the rear sounds like passenger side.
But no sagging oh and when hitting a bump the rear lightly wants to go towards the passenger side.
I just got a alignment so I'm figuring it's the struts. Lca look fine but havnt dug that far maybe bushings?
Anyways gonna be a minute before I can save up for another alignment.