Rear window eg hatch

lowanslow

Hi guys I just bought an eg hatch 92. It's been dewipered and now the hatch window doesn't close properly. What can I do to get round this as I don't feel comfortable parking it where I work currently

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowanslow

Apologies. It closes into the latch but the box in which the motor is housed is loose from the window(it seems to be only held on by one bung) resulting in the window not holding shut correctly and you can pull it open a few inches. I will get some photos to help.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heres the diagram for it so you can figure out what to adjust to resolve this.

Last edited:

Restotech

Respected
Adjustments are done in the striker, not the latch, which is located in the tailgate. However several inches of movement indicates something loose or missing.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What's missing? Hex provided a diagram. Are you missing the motor and gearbox? Some pics would help.
It's not my thread, but op mentioned the car has been de-wipered. My guess is that's related to the problem somehow

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@lowanslow, you need to provide some pictures and further details because we dont know what you mean by de-wipered and whats been removed or not outside of just the outer wiper arm.

lowanslow

Sorry I don't have notifications turned on for this at all.

Using the parts diagram above (thank you hex!) I
Checked lastnight and split open number 3/9 attached to the window which the motor should be in and there is nothing in there at all. So basically all that holds the window closed is 14,12 and 15 attached to number 3. I have no wiper, no motor so it's not securing correctly to the window.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That would do it

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
usually civics without rear wipers will have something in there bracket or spacer or maybe the wiper less setup might use a different locks. not to sure on that but my friend didn't have rear wipers on his 93 si hatch but he did have that piece #14 in the above diagram in place of the wiper

lowanslow

Well I fixed it temporarily for now. I put a bolt and washer through the hole where the motor spindle should be. Holds it closed securely. Just doesn't look the best! Thanks for all your help guys. Parts diagram was great help! =)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I fixed it temporarily for now. I put a bolt and washer through the hole where the motor spindle should be. Holds it closed securely. Just doesn't look the best! Thanks for all your help guys. Parts diagram was great help! =)
That diagram was taken off HondaPartsUnlimited.com. Not only can you order OEM Honda parts at a discounted rate, but you can use their parts diagrams to help figure out future issues like this. There are several other similar websites as well, such as HondaPartsNow.com and MajesticHonda.com.