rebuilt 08 civic steering issue

Sheldon

I just bought a 08 civic coupe 5 speed. Rebuilt title (obvious the car has been wrecked) paint is shitty. 36k miles tires are wearing very even and car drives straight. But...it turns too far right and not far enough left. What the heck could I do to fix this. Car was only $1500 btw

Sheldon

Wouldn't you think the tires would wear un even in that case? It drives straight and tires are original they are shot but worn very evenly

Sheldon

Steering wheel is straight and car drives straight. Barely it turns right to the point of rubbing. Left is probably half of what it should be

how would i center rack? Previous owner is my neighbor and put 15k miles on so I know its tracking good

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheldon

He bought the car from an individual last year and unfortunately he didn't get pics or more info. Car has been like this since then. The neighbor did have power steering pump replaced a few months back but I think it had the issue before as well.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed your title from "Help. Bought a 08 civic and I have an issue!" to provide helpful details and attract the desired attention. I also merged your two back to back posts. Please familiarize yourself with the edit function.

I agree that it sounds like someone installed something wrong or something else is damaged thus restricting the left turning. Thats as far as my knowledge could help here. Consider getting a mechanic to look at it because there's only so much we can help you figure out without detailed pictures.