Reference: Mini Me Swap Information. (56k prepare to wait)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i dont' have any y7 manifolds, just manual y8 manis, as a y8 is what i used to have. i'm buying a y7 longblock and swapping the head from my current y8 onto it.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
i dont' have any y7 manifolds, just manual y8 manis, as a y8 is what i used to have. i'm buying a y7 longblock and swapping the head from my current y8 onto it.
You shouldn't have any problems then. The y7 and y8 blocks seems to be identical. If your car had a d16y8 in the first place, it's very simple, no rewiring or any of that other things necessary to be done. Just bolt on and it should be fine. You may have to tap a hole located in the same postition as the d16y8 block to put in the knock sensor, but everything else should be just like replacing it in with another y8.

honda man

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89 hatchback

first of all do you know how much hp difference u had after the mini me swap. and i have a D15B2 in my 89 hatch and i seen this and i didnt know if it would be better to do the mini me swap or if i should go ahead and do the DOHC ZC Swap like i had planed. if it would be better for me to do the mini me and build that how much am i looking at to do the full mini me swap in parts?????? and would it be worth it in a 89 hatch?????

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
honda man said:
first of all do you know how much hp difference u had after the mini me swap. and i have a D15B2 in my 89 hatch and i seen this and i didnt know if it would be better to do the mini me swap or if i should go ahead and do the DOHC ZC Swap like i had planed. if it would be better for me to do the mini me and build that how much am i looking at to do the full mini me swap in parts?????? and would it be worth it in a 89 hatch?????
Swaping a ZC or a doing a MINI-ME or even a D16Y8 is gonna net you about the same results.

The advantage of swapping a D16Y8 is that its gonna have aubstantially less miles than either the ZC or a MINI-ME from your D15.

Downside is that the D16Y8 is gonna be OBD 2. Though that can be fixed.

The onyl real advatage of the DOHC ZC is, well its DOHC. So you have better cam adjustment.

Personally you are better off doing a D16Y8 swap. About same power as what you will make from the other swaps stated above and its got less miles.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I rad that thread on H-T a long time ago. For how much he spent doing that, I bought my old D16Y8 & tranny for less. $400 to be exact & would own a mini-me lol.

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there anything like the mini-me that can be done to a stock d16z6?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
civic939 said:
is there anything like the mini-me that can be done to a stock d16z6?
Please read the entire thread.

If you noticed Z6 heads are used to add VTEC to NON VTEC blocks. So a MINI ME in your application isnt necassary since the D16Z6 is already VTEC equipped.

Reading > CC Noobs

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nd4sped said:
Swaping a ZC or a doing a MINI-ME or even a D16Y8 is gonna net you about the same results.

The advantage of swapping a D16Y8 is that its gonna have aubstantially less miles than either the ZC or a MINI-ME from your D15.

Downside is that the D16Y8 is gonna be OBD 2. Though that can be fixed.

The onyl real advatage of the DOHC ZC is, well its DOHC. So you have better cam adjustment.

Personally you are better off doing a D16Y8 swap. About same power as what you will make from the other swaps stated above and its got less miles.
My old D16Y8 eat ZC/mini-me for breakfast :twisted: well some ZCs :D but my s**t was all stock beside intake/exhaust

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my question was is there anything that i can bolt on to make as big change of power from my z6 that the non vtec to vtec makes? thanks.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
civic939 said:
my question was is there anything that i can bolt on to make as big change of power from my z6 that the non vtec to vtec makes? thanks.
Nitrous, Turbo or Supercharger. Thats about it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
teach the man about headwork

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like headwork =) Im bout to get headwork done
edit: The headwork you do to you car lol, I like the other headword too

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anfrey said:
teach the man about headwork
Ok a quick run down since Im going to sleep after this.

Multi Angle Valve jobs. This is done to the area where the valve seats. There are 2 jobs to choose from 3 angle & 5 angle.

Porting. You can get the head ported a little which will smooth out any rough surfaces with in the ports. This can also be done to the intake and exhaust manifolds, which recommended to increase air flow.

Thats bout it for now..Im going to sleep.

honda man

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i was realy wanting to drop a dohc in it but i real jsut want something that is gunna be fast as hell i can build to be faster and that can handle it i wnating to really push some hp out of what eveer motor / swap i do im kinda of thinking about doin the mini me to see what its like........ and sugestions or would u say not to do the mini me just go ahead and swap??????????

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
honda man said:
well i was realy wanting to drop a dohc in it but i real jsut want something that is gunna be fast as hell i can build to be faster and that can handle it i wnating to really push some hp out of what eveer motor / swap i do im kinda of thinking about doin the mini me to see what its like........ and sugestions or would u say not to do the mini me just go ahead and swap??????????
If you want better numbers for less money int ehlong run. Swap a DOHC in.

bovtoulgoi

D15b7
5+ Year Member
Help a brotha out!

watup im a dude looking to do for what u did to ur stock d15b7. u outta help the brothas out their increase car potential man.