Reference: Multipoint Harness Safety(please read if you have aftermarket belts)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
vague words bother me... "moderate to severe" im sure there are instances where the accident itself is "moderate to severe" but due to the way the cars hit, the belts may not need to be replaced.. like getting hit from behind JUST AN EXAMPLE.. i do howevere understand the point.. if the belts are f**ked up replace them.. that obviously makes sense.. but again i totally admit i did NOT know that they stretched..
I hate the internet... ;)

Yeah, obviously if you get rear ended, chances are the belts arent damaged (however the pendulum may be but thats another thread entirely lol) Again, I thought that was a GIVEN and didnt need to be explained.

Bottom line: If you show damage on the belts, they need replaced. :D

hooked_on4 said:
and are we done w/the stretch arguement yet?
it was never an argument.. it was a discussion... :D

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I hate the internet... ;)

Yeah, obviously if you get rear ended, chances are the belts arent damaged (however the pendulum may be but thats another thread entirely lol) Again, I thought that was a GIVEN and didnt need to be explained.

Bottom line: If you show damage on the belts, they need replaced. :D

Fact is its a liabliity, maybe a small chance but still a chance, THE END

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
Any idea how much a 4 or 6 point cage weighs you down?
40lbs? just throwing that number out there.. less than 75lbs... more than 25lbs..

hooked_on4 said:
Are custom cages heavier then pre-fabricated?
you cant compare a premade unit with a known weight.. to a second unit with an unknown weight...

;)

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm oc you have a 6 point correct?

I was going to buy a harness bar, they go around 300-400. looking at the autopower cage for 669 I can get the cage for a few hundred more

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I am glad this took off and ewveryone learnd something here

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't find one for a sedan anywhere, someone needs to make one!! Does anyone out there have greater searching powers than me??

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic_tj said:
I can't find one for a sedan anywhere, someone needs to make one!! Does anyone out there have greater searching powers than me??
find a local race shop and see if they can eather make you one or order you one

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
hmm oc you have a 6 point correct?

I was going to buy a harness bar, they go around 300-400. looking at the autopower cage for 669 I can get the cage for a few hundred more
harness bar sucks imho.. doesnt protect in roll over at all..

civic_tj said:
as i stated.. i think its the same as the coupe... call autopower directly to find out for sure.. i think with any bar like that.. you are going to lose rear door access..

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My family owns a local shop, and my dad is certified in welding so i could make one no problem, i was just tryin to find some to compair designs and come up with something my self!!

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
as i stated.. i think its the same as the coupe... call autopower directly to find out for sure.. i think with any bar like that.. you are going to lose rear door access..
I am looking for something that doesn't, I don't plan on getting serious about this till spring anyway, but i want to keep back seat functionality as much as possible!!

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc how much were your harness? Im looking at one for 450, omg I have to pay 80 bucks more for the shoulder pads lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
oc how much were your harness? Im looking at one for 450, omg I have to pay 80 bucks more for the shoulder pads lol

pretty sure i payed around $800 for the set.. ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought $800 was good.. retail for the pair is $900

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone who has drop in cages needs to post up some good pics. The only ones I've seen on this site that are even worth a damn are oc_civic's, and I want more.

I've never been able to find websites that sell the Cusco drop ins, but I would be interested. For right now though, AutoPower is on my TO-BUY list, and looks like they make quality stuff, I just wanna see some good details pics of different set ups and mounting.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just so you all know i totalled my car today and the belts and harness bar work just damn fine............... and you dont need a cage for auto-x unless your in a convertible.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doug piston said:
just so you all know i totalled my car today and the belts and harness bar work just damn fine............... and you dont need a cage for auto-x unless your in a convertible.
ummm

3.3.2 Roll Bars

Roll bars or roll cages are strongly recommended in all cars. A roll bar meeting the requirements of Appendix C, or a roll cage meeting the requirements of Section 18 of the General Competition Rules (GCR), is required in all A, B, C, and F Modified vehicles, and all open cars (see definition section) in Prepared Category and in D Modified and E Modified. The intent of this requirement is that all open cars using racing slicks must at a minimum have roll bars which meet Appendix C, regardless of Regional variations in category definitions and/or preparation allowances. For open cars in the Stock, Street Prepared, Street Touring, and Street Modified categories, the roll bar or roll cage height may be reduced from Appendix C or GCR Section 18 requirements to the highest possible height which fits within an installed factory specified hardtop or convertible top.

Its all in what class you run

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doug piston said:
How did you total your car??