Reference: OEM Color Codes

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This sticky is the s**t. I love it. I tihk I might have said that earlier, but its ok. thanks man, now I know what touchup paint color to get. by the way, what the heck does the "tricoat" mean for the milano red in the 92-95 eg? thats what I have and I'm curious.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
milano red is a special colour ;)

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so the tricoat means nothing? And is the milano red less common or were u just being funny? I dont knwo anything about the honda paint aspects. thanks for all the help.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
lol what i meant to say is that the tricoat makes ur paint special. a tricoat has 3 coats as opposed to the usual two... normally you have your basecoat sprayed on top of the primer, which is sprayed onto the sheet metal... above the basecoat (coat#1) is the clearcoat (coat#2)...

a tricoat adds an extra transparent 'midcoat' in between the basecoat and the clearcoat, which helps add depth and a pearlish and milky effect.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol "pearlish and milky". s**t if my car looked like that I'd be ecstatic. Now it has tiny rust bubbles appearing over the rear wheels on the quarter panel. I needed to find out what color of touch up to get. milano red it is.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Best color ever = Flamenco Black Pearl Metallic Clearcoat

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
CivicKid95 said:
lol "pearlish and milky". s**t if my car looked like that I'd be ecstatic. Now it has tiny rust bubbles appearing over the rear wheels on the quarter panel. I needed to find out what color of touch up to get. milano red it is.
Just covering the rust isnt gonna solve your problem. Your gonna have to actually cut that peice away then have a replacement peice welded in its place. Thats the best way to do it. Otherwise its gonna continue to bubble up.

civic_WVU_PhD

5+ Year Member
painting a bodkit

where is a good site to buy paint to paint an ABS plastic bodykit and does anyone know of the number of coats, proper primer, and any other helpful advice

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you happen to have a color code for NSX white?? im painting my car so far i was thinking S2k white
" thanks for the thread found it here ":thumbs up anyways is there really a diff between s2k and NSX white from the pics ive seen there is a little bit, its going on a 95 SI people been telling me them to colors are to bright but im not a paint guy myself so ill see whn its on the car..

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I can see two whites that the NSX came in:
Code:
Cayman White Pearl Tri-coat______________NH-585P_95
Grand Prix White_________________________NH-565__92-04
Wow, guess Honda did have another tricoat. :D Oh, and GPW is the same color as the S2000.
thanks once again.. how do you think Grand prix white will look on a 94 hatch?

JDMENA

5+ Year Member
this is great verry nice job

if you get pics with it will b the s**t lol

nice

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JDMENA said:
this is great verry nice job

if you get pics with it will b the s**t lol

nice
i've been working on collecting photos of every honda green.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Umm.. 6th gen Vogue silver Metallic. It was the most popular color on the 6th gen civic's it should be there.

pina`

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where can I find color codes for different orange colors (intensive light red-yellow color (orange))? I found only 2 orange descriptions and codes in this topic :( . I would like to find all type of orange colors,and choose the best one, I need descriptions and codes like this one
Sunset Orange Pearl Clearcoat____________YR-539M

please help me

pina`

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Those are only Honda orange colors. I doubt I have them all. YOu can get plenty more orange shades by either looking at other makes of vehicle or by having something custom mixed.

Oh, and VSM is in the list.
I found it on this link http://www.shcolor.info/scripts/colorinfo.dll/colorlist here are all car makers and all color destrisptions with codes in which cars were made if someone else need it =)

dgerej

5+ Year Member
minor flaw

jfi the paint code on my 99 ex is NH583M. but your list posts the # within the 92-95 section. still, great stuff

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pina` said:
I found it on this link http://www.shcolor.info/scripts/colorinfo.dll/colorlist here are all car makers and all color destrisptions with codes in which cars were made if someone else need it =)
That link gives me this message:
Access violation at address 0107EA4D in module 'colorinfo.dll'. Read of address 00000000
dgerej said:
jfi the paint code on my 99 ex is NH583M. but your list posts the # within the 92-95 section. still, great stuff
It's under 6th gen too. It's Vouge Silver Metallic. Also sometimes known as New Vogue Silver Metallic.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member