Remove A-Pillar Cover

TornadoToast93

Hi, I have a 2000 EJ9 Civic and I'm wanting to fit footwell Led's. I'd like to know how to remove the plastic cover of the A pillar to access the dome light wiring.

Otherwise, if I can't get the covers off, where is the best place to wire the leds into?

Many thanks! [emoji4]

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You pretty much have to take all the rear interior panels (on what ever side your working on) out to get the front a pillar panels off the correct way. You can take a shortcut but it's kind of hard to get the panel back on under the rear interior pieces, if you take the shortcut you have to start at the B pillar just above the door and slide the A pillar out by pulling down on it. The A pillar is just held on by clips and they are a pain in the ass to get all clipped back on when reinstalling, I suggest looking else where for wiring. You could pull the rear interior quarter panel and just connect the lights to the door switch, or you could try the wiring near the stereo for the dome light wire also.

TornadoToast93

You pretty much have to take all the rear interior panels (on what ever side your working on) out to get the front a pillar panels off the correct way. You can take a shortcut but it's kind of hard to get the panel back on under the rear interior pieces, if you take the shortcut you have to start at the B pillar just above the door and slide the A pillar out by pulling down on it. The A pillar is just held on by clips and they are a pain in the ass to get all clipped back on when reinstalling, I suggest looking else where for wiring. You could pull the rear interior quarter panel and just connect the lights to the door switch, or you could try the wiring near the stereo for the dome light wire also.
Thanks for the reply mc! Sounds like taking the panels off is gonna be a pain so I may leave them. I'm just having trouble figuring out which are the correct wires to tap into! From looking under my dome light it's a white/red wire and a green/red wire. I look under the dash around the steering column but there's a few different white/red and green/red wires!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would just run some wire off the door switch, splice into the one wire for power I believe and run the ground anywhere on the body, when you open the door the lights will come on and when you close the lights will go out. I'm assuming this is how you want it set up? If not just run a power wire from the radio hot wire to a switch and the lights so you can turn off and on when you want