Repair tranny or swap engine

VTECFlip

Get bent
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 95 coupe automatic and I just found out my tranny is slipping. Everything works perfectly except second gear switching to third. When my car switches from second to third my entire car shakes and in order to stop the shaking I would have to take my foot off the gas at second until it automatically switches to third and then continnue to put my foot on the gas again. A mechanic told me he can repair my tranny for $800-900 and since I was planning to get a swap later next year should I get a swap b18 or b16 instead of repairing my tranny? Also how much would a b18 or b16 cost?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i say go with a swap, whatever motor is up to you entirely.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
www.hmotorsonline.com they have some of teh best prices, best people, and best service. i know a couple people who have used them to get motors and they are 100% happy. no bs, no fakes, no international s**t to deal with. right now you can get a b16a sir-II comlete swap for 2250 + shipping.

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
800-900 you're gettin ripped off. we sell those transmissions for 100 buck so you do the math. not to mention you can do the labor in 2 hours.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would go to the junkyard and find a tranny, or if your gonna swap i would go for the b18

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
b18 is a damn good swap, this coming from someone who has one.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why dont you just drive the nissan and sell the civic?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
or that could work, lol.

Doms_EJ2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i were in your shoes. I would just get it swapped because thats alot of money to just get your Auto tranny fixed and Auto's suck and take away some of your power anyways. But you should go with the b16a just to start off with cuz its not that much and you will have a Dohc v-tec with 160hp stock for like $2,500....