Replaced front camber arms,ball joints, tie rods, seem to fit funny or install wrong?

HiddenNshadows

Hey guys maybe a stupid question or something simple but no one seems to give a straigh answer or order of operations. I have a haynes manuel for my car & have googled & forum searched but no luck as always. Think im wording my searches wrong. Anyway...
I replaced my upper camber arm with skunk2 pro series arms, new lower ball joints & tie rods both from autozone. Heres my problem. When I was taking off the parts, I put a jack under the lower control arm & jacked it up a bit to get to the lower ball joint & get my socket on the castle nut on the upper camber arm. Forgive me if im wrong about the part but the knuckle/spindle..part that hooks on the the lca & ucm & tie rod.
I went to put everything back on & now my suspension is so tight I raised it off the jackstands after two small bumps with the jack. I used a torque wrench & use specs from several places & haynes manuel & tighten, in order the lower ball joint, the tie rod & then the upper control arm. Once I try to get a my tq wrench on the castle nut on the upper camber arm it wont fit unless I jack up the lower control arm which jacks up the car.
I know there is a bolt in the bushing on the lca that your not supposed to torque down until the car is back on the ground, after you change your CVs. reason being you dont break the bushing when lowering the car & weigh is put on it....Is that possibly the problem im having with these other parts? Or could it be because they are new & alot stiffer or did I over tighten somethign somewhere.
My other questions are, is there an order the parts should go back on? I would say the order I took them off but Im in the middle of an engine swap & dont really remember.
2. Can these be tight not torqued perfect, then drop the car & tighen to spec? My fear is I will tighen them down & something will break or pop out once weight is put on it.
I know this seems somewhat confusing but ive been working on my car all day & reasearching since it got dark & Im beat. I can upload pics with arrows that point & highlight parts

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
So are you just trying to torque the castle nut on the upper ball joint?

HiddenNshadows

Not only that but the upper control/camber arms. I put the skunk 2 in & tighten them down....No ive read I shouldn't tighten them to torque spec until its back on the ground or I should put a jack under the Lower control arm to simulate it being on the ground. Im going to untorque the upper skunk2s then lower it back down & torque everything once its got weight on it.

My tie rods are tight enough, but not torqued. The lower ball joints aren't perfectly torqued but I trust they wont go anywhere.

My question is, what should I do step by step putting back the entire spindle/knuckle. Ive got the tie rods & lower ball joints in & tight but now the assembly wont move. my camber arms & everything is beyond rock solid. The only option I can think of that's left is to un tighten the upper camber arms, then lower it on the wheels & torque it onces its on wheels. My fear is when I drop it down & weight hits things, somethings going to break or pop off. I did this once in my 98 EX( current car is DX hatch) & I didn't have any problems like this & I did everything the same way as before

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sounds like you just need to loosen some bolts/nuts until it frees it up again. Maybe you will find something in the process that you did differently than last time.

ekn00b96

are the ball joints and tie rods properly and sufficiently greased? if theres a lot of resistance from metal on metal contact its going to cause premature wear as well as stubborn movement.

HiddenNshadows

Yes they should be properly greased. Ive been told a thin film is more then enough but I may have been a bit generous but not so much its messy. My only options are take things back off & try to find where I went wrong, unfortunately today theres a ft or more of snow on the ground & im stuck working outside