1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Replacing B16A block with a B20 keeping the head of the B16A

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by mok, Mar 11, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. mok

mok New Member 5+ Year Member

I have a B16A2 engine came stock on my EG6 1992, I want to replace my block with a B20Z (CRV), what parts should I change? I want to keep my B16 head obviously
    Can I keep everything the same, engine mounts, transmission, clutch ,axles

2. ryanM

ryanM Banned

yes you keep everything the same, just swap the bottom end

3. Ls-HatchBoy

Ls-HatchBoy Honda Whore Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

everything is the same, cept you need to get a special head gasket kit, and tap the head

4. defvayne

defvayne Set This World On Blaze!! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

yup there is a kit you can purchase from Honda-T**ch.com search it up.

5. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

uhh, i dont know bout everyone elses, but my b20vtec needed fuel management. pressure regulator and vafc2 to get the AFR in the green zone

*EDIT*
    i recommend if you going to do a b20 bottom, build it for higher compression unless your plan to boost. the vtec head likes more air pressure, else it will stop making power in the low 7k rpms and you wont expect to see more than 165whp stock.

6. ryanM

ryanM Banned

why did swapping blocks change your air/fuel?

7. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

:what: you tell me. but it did, it ran lean past 6k rpm

8. ryanM

ryanM Banned

that sounds like an unrelated problem to me, swapping bottom ends shouldnt change your a/f at all, thats controlled by the injectors, throttle body/intake and ECU.

9. defvayne

defvayne Set This World On Blaze!! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i guess you have to get the ecu tuned.

10. Billy.

...that or use piggyback hack vafc

11. DAF

DAF Zinc Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

You can use the LS/Vtec conversion kit for it. All a b20 is, is a 84mm LS block basicly.