Replacing B16A block with a B20 keeping the head of the B16A

mok

5+ Year Member
I have a B16A2 engine came stock on my EG6 1992, I want to replace my block with a B20Z (CRV), what parts should I change? I want to keep my B16 head obviously
Can I keep everything the same, engine mounts, transmission, clutch ,axles

ryanM

yes you keep everything the same, just swap the bottom end

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everything is the same, cept you need to get a special head gasket kit, and tap the head

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ls-HatchBoy said:
everything is the same, cept you need to get a special head gasket kit, and tap the head
yup there is a kit you can purchase from Honda-T**ch.com search it up.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uhh, i dont know bout everyone elses, but my b20vtec needed fuel management. pressure regulator and vafc2 to get the AFR in the green zone

*EDIT*
i recommend if you going to do a b20 bottom, build it for higher compression unless your plan to boost. the vtec head likes more air pressure, else it will stop making power in the low 7k rpms and you wont expect to see more than 165whp stock.

ryanM

Mugenkid18 said:
uhh, i dont know bout everyone elses, but my b20vtec needed fuel management. pressure regulator and vafc2 to get the AFR in the green zone

*EDIT*
i recommend if you going to do a b20 bottom, build it for higher compression unless your plan to boost. the vtec head likes more air pressure, else it will stop making power in the low 7k rpms and you wont expect to see more than 165whp stock.
why did swapping blocks change your air/fuel?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
why did swapping blocks change your air/fuel?
:what: you tell me. but it did, it ran lean past 6k rpm

ryanM

Mugenkid18 said:
:what: you tell me. but it did, it ran lean past 6k rpm
that sounds like an unrelated problem to me, swapping bottom ends shouldnt change your a/f at all, thats controlled by the injectors, throttle body/intake and ECU.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
that sounds like an unrelated problem to me, swapping bottom ends shouldnt change your a/f at all, thats controlled by the injectors, throttle body/intake and ECU.
i guess you have to get the ecu tuned.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
defvayne said:
i guess you have to get the ecu tuned.
...that or use piggyback hack vafc

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can use the LS/Vtec conversion kit for it. All a b20 is, is a 84mm LS block basicly.