replacing headlights on a 1999 honda civic Lx????

pfos

5+ Year Member
heyyy, my front headlight burnt out, just wondering if somebody could give me instructions on how to take the headlight cover off and replace the bulb; so just everything in general. This is for my 1999 honda civic Lx. Can anybody help??

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
You dont need to take the whole headlight assembly off if only the bulb burnt out, all you need to do is look behind the headlight with the hood open and take a rubber sealer off that covers the bulb, you can just pull that out and replace the bulb its that easy. There is also a small spring that holds the bulb in place, you can also just move that out of the way with your fingers but YOU DO NOT need take the assemble apart. The driver's side a little harder to get to because of the lack of room to work with, I have a 2000 lx and im almost positive the engine bays are exactly the same if not somewhat similar. Let me know if this helps

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You dont need to take the whole headlight assembly off if only the bulb burnt out, all you need to do is look behind the headlight with the hood open and take a rubber sealer off that covers the bulb, you can just pull that out and replace the bulb its that easy. There is also a small spring that holds the bulb in place, you can also just move that out of the way with your fingers but YOU DO NOT need take the assemble apart. The driver's side a little harder to get to because of the lack of room to work with, I have a 2000 lx and im almost positive the engine bays are exactly the same if not somewhat similar. Let me know if this helps
:word: Simple as that!

Title should include the word "bulb".