reset ABS?

billsan101

5+ Year Member
Hi,

Aparently the old owner told me she pulled the ABS fuse because she didnt like ABS. The light has been on ever since. I just checked and the ABS fuse seems to still be in there.

How can i go about resetting the ABS so i can use it?

RonJ

Banned
Jump the service connector to pull the ABS trouble code. (The ABS light blinks the code). Then clear the ABS code to see whether the code returns.

RonJ

Banned
IF i jump/clear it and it doesnt return, would the ABS just start working?
Unlikely. Did you check the ABS fuse box under the hood. Are all three fuses present, as well as the relay?

billsan101

5+ Year Member
Unlikely. Did you check the ABS fuse box under the hood. Are all three fuses present, as well as the relay?
Yea it looked like all the fuses where there under the hood it seemed, but i'm going to check again now with your diagrams, thanks.
I read something about a "ABS control unit" that plugs into the ECU. Do you know where the ECU is located? I can check to make sure its plugged in there.

thexperiment

5+ Year Member
Ronj,
I was wondering if you could help assist me, i have an open thread. You seem to be the only guy who knows what he is talking about. For some reason, i can't PM you. I would greatly apperciate it.

Sorry OP, i don't like to intrude threads but im in desperate need of help. I hope you resolve your issue.