Resetting CEL

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car started throwing CEL code 13 when I put my new cluster on. (Old cluster had the bulb removed, WTF?) Anyways, I tried resetting it so I could replicate it but pulling the backup fuse for 5 minutes and disconnecting the battery for more than half an hour didn't work.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So just had the backup fuse out for a good 2 hours and it still didn't reset it.

Platinumcloud

ah maybe your have something wrong if it keeps throwing a CEL? probably the reason why the bulb was removed....or did that never occur to you? lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I flashed the code, which is 13 - Barometric Pressure Sensor, but I wanted to see if I could reset it and see if it would come back on. Otherwise, I'm going to pick up another ecu sometime this weekend.s

Platinumcloud

chanes are its not your ecu...its probably something stupid do A LOT of research on your code its throwiing....i had a code on my 97 hatch when i bought it. the guy told me it was the cat....after putting on and egay exhaust and seeing the cat was fine i researched the CELL code.....o2 sensor... replaced the sensor and still had the code. turns out the code was from 2 wires that had rubbed the plastic off and was throwing the code....after about 200 bucks and 5 hours (at least, not counting research) and some electrical tape i fixed the CEL. the CElL is there for a reason and the car lets you know what is wrong with it. listen to it. i would try to fix the problem it says its got before going and grabbing an ecu.... just my 2 cents

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It pulled code the thirteen. I researched that code. It's the barometric/atmospheric pressure sensor inside the ecu.