rev limiter issue 91 civic

skyler2187

so i just picked up a 91 civic d16, 4spd manual, runs great no problems when at idle but when i go to take off in 1st gear the rev limiter kicks in about 15 mph roughly 32-3500rpm, same thing in second at about 35 mph roughly 32-3500 rpm im not really a honda guy, so im just tryna figure oyut whats going on and how to fix it, any input is appreciated, thanks in advance

jacobschmidt65

so i just picked up a 91 civic d16, 4spd manual, runs great no problems when at idle but when i go to take off in 1st gear the rev limiter kicks in about 15 mph roughly 32-3500rpm, same thing in second at about 35 mph roughly 32-3500 rpm im not really a honda guy, so im just tryna figure oyut whats going on and how to fix it, any input is appreciated, thanks in advance
Tell me more about the build is it stock,DuDu point,multi-port,and CEL codes kind of sounds like a distributor problem how's spark plug,wires,cap,and rotor Lmk

I'm a Honda fanatic mostly custom builds all do all from building engines to custom wire harnesses

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

skyler2187

ok so i tried to pull the codes the other day jumped the thing with a paper clip and turned on the ignition but it didnt flash at all it just stayed constant not sure if i did it wrong, as far as i can tell its not the stock motor pretty sure its been swapped whats in it now is a d16 with a 4spd manual (not sure if thatsD16A2 or what) everything else is stock what little research ive done is telling me i have to go in with a computer and reset the rev limiter parameters, im not really tryna racecar this thing i just want it to work properly

skyler2187

Tell me more about the build is it stock,DuDu point,multi-port,and CEL codes kind of sounds like a distributor problem how's spark plug,wires,cap,and rotor Lmk

I'm a Honda fanatic mostly custom builds all do all from building engines to custom wire harnesses

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
pretty sure the motors been swapped for a d16 havent tuned it up yet tried to pull the codes but the light jsut stayed constant, no flashes long or short