reverse light, help please!!!

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
when i bought my car, it came with a little problem in the reverse light, they didnt go off, even if u didnt have the car in reverse they still on!!! so i check the taillights, and well i got new taillights so i dont think is a taillight problem, so the i check the cables and they still the oem ones, so now i dont know what else can it be?? does anyone know the reason for these?? any ground problem or something?? i was told that it might be the reverse switch, the switch which turn on the reverse light, but i dont know!!! please i need some help!!!!!

chestercivic

**Former** ED3, DA9 owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well it could be. Is it a manual? The reverse light is on top of the tranny and pretty easy to change. Not too expensive either. That is where I would start.

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
yeah it is manual, where on top of the tranny??? i see 2 plug, i guess the one rounded with the cables right??

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chestercivic said:
Well it could be. Is it a manual? The reverse light is on top of the tranny and pretty easy to change. Not too expensive either. That is where I would start.
x2 after I did my swap I had teh same problem. Just unhooked the plug on the transmission and plugged it back in and fixed.

chestercivic

**Former** ED3, DA9 owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am not sure. I have an auto. I just know that there is a reverse light switch that tells when you are in reverse and that is more than likely the problem. Let me see if I can find a pic.

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
hey thank u guys for the help!!! im gonna work on that later on today, and by the way thaks for the picture.

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
EG6 Backup light switch

I have my EG6 with a manual b16A and my backup lights stop working. I check bulbs, they are all ok, i checked fuse also ok. I think problem might be in my reverse switch. I have search for old post, but could not found nothing that could help me. The pictures given are not simelar to my gearbox.
Can someone upload e pic with the correct location for my switch?

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Can someone please check the link I posted to tell me if it is the backup light switch or not???