right front speakers not working

michael_antoi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
recently bought my honda civic hatch 94 and the right front speakers aren't working....

i swapped the speakers and both speakers are working fine, must be the wiring or something on the right hand side

pulled out the head unit and the wiring at the back seems fine to me.......but then again i dont know much about audio

i tried replacing the wiring behind the speaker and i still have no luck getting them to work

anyone have any other suggestions?

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the watts to see if the wires are getting any juice...theres a thing u can use to check like for 10-15 bucks at walmart or w/e...i dunno what its called...but its used tooooooo check watts or w/e....

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Svr_Civic said:
check the watts to see if the wires are getting any juice...theres a thing u can use to check like for 10-15 bucks at walmart or w/e...i dunno what its called...but its used tooooooo check watts or w/e....
you don't need to check watts, just check AC voltage to make sure you're getting power, I'd take and check to make sure your speakers are reading the proper impedience. If you don't have this, you can at least check continuity using a 9 volt battery across the terminals to make sure the speaker moves, meaning you have no broken connections within the speaker. If it doesn't move, you need a new speaker.