Ripped Off Rear View Mirror - 2002 Honda Civic

Scuba Duba

5+ Year Member
I ripped off my rearview mirror while I was arguing with a post in an underground lot and the post won. Now I'm stuck. My old one is taped on with Duct Tape but I'm worried it will fly off or the cops will give me a huge ticket if they see it.

I'm told that you can buy these things in junk yards without having to spend a few hundred bucks at a dealer, but I don't know anything about my car except how to put gas in it so I don't want to crawl around a junkyard.

Anyone have any advice? I'm in Canada so I think my vehicle is made here. I can find some mirrors for sale on the net but they are for US made vehicles.

Many thanks.

Crazymarine40

5+ Year Member
whats the difference between your rear view mirror and ours?

CivicRcR07

K-Series
5+ Year Member
did it just come off the windshield or did the mirror come off the plastic housing? because i know auto parts stores have a rear view mirror "repair" kit. its basically just super glue you use to place your mirror back onto the windshield. idk if that would help your situation or not.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think hes talking about his side mirrors. and yes you can find them in the junkyard sometimes. and any mirror for any market civic will work. doesent matter wether its canadian,us,lapan,euro.... makes no difference. the ads you see that say only for us...prolly dont want canadians buying them so they dont have to ship it to canada

Scuba Duba

5+ Year Member
did it just come off the windshield or did the mirror come off the plastic housing? because i know auto parts stores have a rear view mirror "repair" kit. its basically just super glue you use to place your mirror back onto the windshield. idk if that would help your situation or not.
The mirror was pulled off the windshield. I have the mirror in it's housing, and I think it's fine, but I think I need some kind of connector to keep it attached to the windshield. Never thought there would be glue that would be strong enough, will check that out.

Many thanks for all the advice, it's a great help.:D

hondagriff

Banned
On the windshield? So its not mounted where the headliner meets the windshield like ours? If thats the case then just slap that thing back on with that compound stuff.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
On the windshield? So its not mounted where the headliner meets the windshield like ours? If thats the case then just slap that thing back on with that compound stuff.
reading>you.

reread the OP and read snakeshits first post. hes talking about his side view mirror

Scuba Duba

5+ Year Member
Then what the hell is he talking about just above my post. He says somthing about windshield and now I'm confused.
Sorry for the confusion, it is the side view mirror on the driver's side, and I was able to pick one up yesterday at a local parts place. Many thanks for all the assistance this board is a wealth of knowledge.