Rota D2 Fitting Help

Insomnoob

New here...

I need some help picking out tires for my wheels. I have Rota D2's 17x7.5 +35 coming in and i was just wondering what size of tires would be a good fit without stretching the tires and no rubbing? So far I'm leaning towards 205/40r17 for the front and 215/45r17 for the back. Then dropping the car about an 1.5 if possible.

Thanks!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what car, and 1.5 drop you should have no issue with rubbing. you wont be tucking tire at all. so i say 205ish wide, profile depends on what you need to maintain the correct speed on your speedometer

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
205 (depending on the tire itself) is the smallest width that 100% properly fits a 7.5" wide wheel. 195 is where it starts to stretch (although very minimal) As above, your sidewall height should be based on whatever is needed for a correct reading speedometer.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
205 (depending on the tire itself) is the smallest width that 100% properly fits a 7.5" wide wheel. 195 is where it starts to stretch (although very minimal) As above, your sidewall height should be based on whatever is needed for a correct reading speedometer.
yeah slightly larger than 205 would be more properish since 205 is correct for most 7 wide wheels. but the brand of tire also matters

Insomnoob

Thanks for the quick responses. I have a 2002 honda civic.
So i'm guessing the 215's in the back with 45 profile would be fine with no rubbing?