Rough Idle and sputter@ 1500 rpm??

David Valentine

There was another post on this with very few answers. I believe the only 2 answers were check for air leaks and check fuses. My 1999 Honda Civic recently started doing this after my friend was trying to fix my reverse lights and pulled a fuse out from under the dash but pulled the wrong fuse and put it in the wrong the slot. That in turn made it so the car would crank but not start. he put the fuse back and it started after a few cranks and burned all the excess gas out. After that day the car idles rough right at 1500 rpm's. we checked on youtbe and did all the cleaning of the throttle body and the parts attached to it but it continues to do it until you get past 1500 rpm's. We even changed the distributor,cap, rotor plugs,wires. Still does this. If anyone know what may cause this or what may fix this please post up. The last post was in 2009 so maybe someone has a answer.

thank you!!

David Valentine

it was a 10 amp fuse under the dash....I believe it was one of the smaller ones. I will find out tonight. Do you happen to know what the smaller fuses are for ? and is this the same as a 99? Also, do you know what would cause the issue I am having?

David Valentine

I wont be able to get it checked for codes till the weekend. There is no check engine light on and I know that doesn't mean anything. Right Now I have the complete interior taken out of the car putting sound deadening down. It's a car audio car. I will let you know what they say about the codes this weekend when I get the car back home. He took out fuse # 19 he said but when he put it in he put it in another spot that he doesn't remember now which slot he put the fuse in. It's been doing this for about 3 weeks now.

Otto85

yes it works...how do I use it to jump it to read codes.
On the passenger side under the dash next to the ecu youll find a blue 2 pin connector jump the 2 pins with a piece of wire then turn your key to "on" and watch the check engine light it will flash in accordance to the code example 7 flashes with a 1-2 sec break then 3 flashes the code is 73. Keep watching it tho as a 3-4 second break then flashing indicates another code.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Otto85

[emoji106]

Also, for clarification in your example, 7 long flashes followed by 3 short flashes would be 73.
Yes thank you im not awake and was gonna correct that once i did lol

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk