Rough idle D15b jdm spec

spot

5+ Year Member
Hey all....

Have a d15b jdm spec engine and had it tuned recently (iacv cleaned, tps on factory spec, tb cleaned, new plugs) and also had my oil changed.

Weird thing happening now is that during cold start, it starts up fine revving around 1.3k RPM but when the RPM goes down to like 1k - 900 RPM, my idle starts to jerk with or without the a/c turned on. This will continue till like driving for 10 mins. Sometimes after releasing the throttle, idle will drop to 200RPM and sometimes it even dies down. Once it dies down and I try to restart the engine, it takes a few try before I can start the engine and even when it starts, it will stick to like 200 - 300k RPM for like 1 second before it goes up to normal idle.

Again, the mentioned problem only happends during cold start up and it goes away after running the engine for like 10 mins and even if I kill and restart the engine after 10 mins, everything works fine.

What could be wrong?

Karten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend had a similar prob like yours. It took him months to figure out that the distributor was the prob. How and why that would be the prob i can't answer

spot

5+ Year Member
Would you happen to know how your friend solved the problem?

BTW, did the CEL light up on his ride when the problem was there? cause mine does not.

Karten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea it got fixed,got the distributor changed all together and from there on it was perfect, no more idle probs or nothing. He just narrowed the causes because he has 2 civics 5th gen so he was able to switch parts to test what could be the prob. Other than that i have no idea if he did the distributor change himself or not and i don't know about the CEL, sorry i can't be much of help