1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

rough idle, poor mpg, distributor cap loose...

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by Mehcanic79, Jan 11, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Mehcanic79

Mehcanic79 New Member 5+ Year Member

I, for the second time, have found my distributor cap loose. It's on tight, but not "tight enough".
    I track my MPG and any mods I do. I noticed my MPG slipping and the idle getting rougher.
    (This was over 14 months time, 22,000 miles and Minnesota climate change.... so it's sometimes hard to track consistent MPG.)

To fix this, once and for all, I went to the hardware store and bought stainless steel bolts, washers and lock nuts for the distributor cap. I then cleaned all the carbon build up off the cap and rotor contacts.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Raabe

Raabe Hell yea I suck toes! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

3. xxsenceo89x

xxsenceo89x aka superman Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

get a new cap n rotor. it might to the trick. mine cap was grinded down from doing 80 thousand miles