Rough Idle Troubleshooting

psychewardk1d

5+ Year Member
f**k it didnt work. mine is having some really big probs and cant figure it out. i did all the steps. only thing i didnt do was use a diff ecu. oh well ill do some more work on it and see if i can get anywhere thanks tho ill def hold on to this thread for next time.

2slowEG6

5+ Year Member
what if i don't have coolant lines to the FITV but the car use to idle fine but now it idles all messed up and i have replaced the tps too

dsf71

alright, i was just reading a post about a rough idle. some people seem to think that they are the first honda owners to have this problem. well its a common problem. especially after a swap. well i visit G2IC.com a lot. and they have a lot of useful information on there that can help these problems. im going to copy a post from there that can hopefully o i

Make sure your car is completely warmed up. With it running, take the intake off the TB. There are 2 holes right in front of the throttle plate, these are the holes that feed the IACV (top hole) and the FITV (bottom hole). With your finger, cover up the bottom hole (it should NOT be sucking if your car is warmed up). If the i

I followed these steps through #7 on my 95 civic. With my car warmed up I covered bottom hole of TB. It was sucking and my idle went down. So my "FITV is to blame?" When covering both holes my car did sputter and die. The posting said "it should sputter or die." If its SUPPOSED TO SPUTTER OR DIE (which my car did) why is my IACV to blame?

So my FITV and my IACV are both bad? Is that likely? I'm not sure how accurate these steps are at troubleshooting.

sanjbb

hy,
when I block the hole going to the IACV (I don't have a FITV) my car idles perfectly..!

with the hole open it jumps from 1500 to 2500rpm..

what does it mean..?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
your IACV is bad. clean it, replace the gaskets or replace the valve. work in that order.

sanjbb

I'd like to test my IACV olso but my wires are different. Ihave a black/yellow, black/red and a black one.

I have wiring diagram but I don't understand it. figured just that the black is ground. the yellow/black is comming from the PGM-FI main relay and as I understand the black/red goes to the ECM/PCM.