XpL0d3r's RSX DC5 Type-S Thread

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It must feel nice having it paid off. I'm a big fan of the shift knob too. I saw a ton of these on sale at the San Jose Wekfest; they are really heavy.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Aiming them tonight, more pics to follow.. ;)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

You deserve a cock. [emoji106]

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You deserve a cock. [emoji106]
What kind of man gives out someone else's cock? Don't be a b***h, present your own. :ghey:

Finally aimed the lights... in the pouring rain, so this is as close as it's gonna get. I think they look great though.. visibility MUCH improved over halogens.

Aaaaand these just came in (snapchat pic, deal with it)....

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you loved my cock. dont deny

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Much better! Its crazy how high they are from the factory being what they are.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good but that front plate looks like horse s**t :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Much better! Its crazy how high they are from the factory being what they are.
Yeah, plus the tires on the AP1 wheels are a little beefy. Just going from my winter tires to these I noticed it looked slightly 4x4ish.

Looking good bro!
Nice car, nice color!
Thanks guys!

Looks good but that front plate looks like horse s**t :lol:
Thanks, and I know! It's only up how it is because I was rocking no front plate until I was pulled over. The zip-tie method was enough to get the ticket dismissed, I just haven't touched it since. There's no front bracket since I picked up this car from PA which doesn't require front plates. I'll get it done right eventually.

I don't plan on doing much else to the motor, so the only mods I really want now are a front lip, possibly going wingless, and possibly yellow foglights -- I think they'd look great with the retrofit.

Speakng of retrofit, I need to fix the wiring. Accidentally wired the bi-xenon high beam shields to the low-beam power rather than high-beam. Soo the shields are always "up", thus raising the beam pattern. This is why the cut off in the picture earlier in the thread seems high and curved rather than flat. Whoops.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shoot me a price broski! I have the factory "Type S" spoiler and I hate it. My car came with ASPEC everything but the wheels, suspension, and wing. :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very nice with the retrofit :thumbs up. Front looks slightly higher than the rear? Or is that just me? My car has that reverse rake with my Eibach Sportline springs and I hate it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shoot me a price broski! I have the factory "Type S" spoiler and I hate it. My car came with ASPEC everything but the wheels, suspension, and wing. :lol:
I'll send a PM your way soon :thumbs up

Very nice with the retrofit :thumbs up. Front looks slightly higher than the rear? Or is that just me? My car has that reverse rake with my Eibach Sportline springs and I hate it.
Thanks! I actually have a question for you because my retrofit cut off line isn't nearly as good as yours... check my RL thread and you'll see a picture of the cut-off.. if you can let me know what you think? And not higher but the wheels are tucked in more since there's no spacers up front... which there should be. This is why I need them haha.

EDIT: Just kidding. Springs must have settled a bit. Just went out and measured... Rear left wheel is tucked, right wheel has a finger gap. Front left 2 fingers and front right also 2. I guess I'll adjust accordingly haha.

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been awhile with no update... not a whole lot though. New rotors all around, found out that when I had the tires mounted on the wheels, two were switched, and since they were staggered, a 205 was on a thin (front) wheel, and 225 on the wider ones for the rear. Switched those up, replaced a leaky exhaust gasket between the cat.

And did autocross today. Pretty sunburnt after being on asphalt all day, but had a blast. Here's a GoPro vid of my best time..

Up coming:

Took the rusty front plate bracket off 'ol Gerty before she went to the junkyard a couple weeks ago (:puppyeyes:puppyeyes:puppyeyes), sanded it down and gave it a few coats of plastidip - will be reusing for the RSX since there's no bracket and the front plate is being held up by zip ties.
Replacing interior and license plate lights with LEDS
Re-wiring the bixenox retrofit shields to the high beams
Front lip
Remove Aspec wing...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Goes in for paint in about a month. Also, leaning towards keeping the wing, just having it repainted as it's off an 05 RSX so it's Vivid Blue pearl instead of Arctic Blue pearl like my car. Soo depending on the angle you're looking at the car, you can notice the difference.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the front lip will give the car a more balanced look with the wing. btw what issues did you have with your Tein coilovers?