Rubber padding under carpet removal

VTEC FaNTaSIeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up guys....in my 94 hatch -dx under the carpet, there is rubber pads or mats that i heard way a bit and decrease the travel in your pedals(gas pedal) thus increasing some power difference. some of the guys at the tracks that were partially gutted did this and said they felt a better response to there gas pedal. Any of ya ever done this , and has it worked???....THANX

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did it... dont advice it unless you actually plan on auto-xing and/or drag racing. it gets REALLY loud without the sound deadening material.

oh.. and if you choose to remove it... use the dry ice + hammer + chizel method.

hth...

jake

VTEC FaNTaSIeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well...since you seemed to have done it...how much work will it require....do i have take apart my dash and s**t ! -it seems like alot of it is all rapped around s**t like parts of the heater and the bottom of the steering columb

93b16hatch

Felony Racing LLC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have to freeze the rubber crap, using either nitrious or you can pick up those compressed air can just spray the bottle upside down and it'll freeze the crap. Then you have to scrape it away. If you are keepig the carpet then spray the parts with pant are showing metal so it doesn't rust but if your gonna rock no carpet then paint the whole floor. Also just remove you heater core that's what i did.

SpecialED

Honda Whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTEC FaNTaSIeS said:
whats up guys....in my 94 hatch -dx under the carpet, there is rubber pads or mats that i heard way a bit and decrease the travel in your pedals(gas pedal) thus increasing some power difference. some of the guys at the tracks that were partially gutted did this and said they felt a better response to there gas pedal. Any of ya ever done this , and has it worked???....THANX
What does the travel of the gas pedal have to do with anything? You can adjust the throttle cable at the intake manifold to make sure you're getting full opening of the throttle body regardless of how far the pedal goes. You can also check the voltage of the TPS and adjust it if necessary to make sure the ECU is seeing WOT when the throttle body reaally is wide open.

I would try to find more knowledgeable people to get advice from at the track . . .

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exactly, what your saying sounds retarted
if you want to remove the tar under the carpet use Dry ice... smash it up